GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Anyone using one? Dyno results? Impressions? I would like to hear more!
not in need when ecu is reflashed , bike will gain a bit , not as a b king or early sv1000

·
Registered
333 Posts
if U wanna keep gear indicator think x-tre is the only choice
(hope i m wrong....)

·
Registered
333 Posts
normal TRE will stick on 5 gear
X-TRE not

·
Registered
974 Posts
I had one on my GSX1400 and it made no difference at all although it wasn't a waste of money as it was the Atre with the gear indicator which was very handy, 90% of owners claimed it made no difference and took them off, some people modified their timing plate 4 degrees instead but this then effects all gears and not just the first 4 and this had mixed results also, at the time though no none had seen the ECU code so everyone was guessing so until we see what the bin file said or get the ECU timing results it could be a waste of money and could even give a negative result

Reactions: Gixxus

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had one on my GSX1400 and it made no difference at all although it wasn't a waste of money as it was the Atre with the gear indicator which was very handy, 90% of owners claimed it made no difference and took them off, some people modified their timing plate 4 degrees instead but this then effects all gears and not just the first 4 and this had mixed results also, at the time though no none had seen the ECU code so everyone was guessing so until we see what the bin file said or get the ECU timing results it could be a waste of money and could even give a negative result
This is why I asked about Dyno runs. I sure hope Ivan steps up on something like this.

·
Registered
333 Posts
well gsx1400 is not a gsx-r , even on a b12 u feel the difference

·
Registered
974 Posts
well gsx1400 is not a gsx-r , even on a b12 u feel the difference
Yep i agree they are two different bikes but until we know what the ECU is doing with the timing we do know if a TRE will do anything positive, I don't trust any company, Heal tech are selling them but it's not to say they always work

·
Registered
726 Posts
Can't say I noticed a lot of difference when I fitted one to my 03 SV1000... took it off when I fitted a PowerCommander, noticed a big difference then..!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yep i agree they are two different bikes but until we know what the ECU is doing with the timing we do know if a TRE will do anything positive, I don't trust any company, Heal tech are selling them but it's not to say they always work
yes U are right , but we already see restriction in ecu due reflash
so for euro version TRE is a must (when u do not gonna do a reflash)

·
Registered
75 Posts
got one on mine together with a pc5 155 bhp rides as smooth as silk and goes really well
So what brand do you have on yours? Heal Tech doesn't seem to have a part number for it yet or at least I can't find one, and Ivan don't make TRE's anymore

·
Registered
333 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts