GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. My GT+ was delivered today. I scanned the bike but didn't see one. Would we need to take the seat off to connect one?

Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean... how else are you going to attach the battery tinder to the battery?....
then you run the pig tail up to the rear seat area, so in future you just pop rear seat off. thats how every motorcycle ive ever had worked.
Not the last 5 m/cs I've owned. Many motorcycles have a plastic female connector with a cap that allows instant access for tenders without having to remove any seat or anything. Key word here: tender. Just plug in, charge for a while and disconnect. No seats to remove.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
you hook your own up.
you could route it anywhere you want, but I always put mine in rear seat. because when do you trickle charge? over winter. its literally just flip seat open, clip together, put seat back on.

I dont want a tender cord hanging out anywhere, tacky

that piece you are talking about you literally add it to your bike, and can put it anywhere your heart desires. the cleanest is in rear seat area. easiest access, twist key and pop open

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you hook your own up.
you could route it anywhere you want, but I always put mine in rear seat. because when do you trickle charge? over winter. its literally just flip seat open, clip together, put seat back on.

I dont want a tender cord hanging out anywhere, tacky
OK. I'm not going to argue on the internet. Manufacturers do it. Argue with them. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
dude what are you talking about? dealerships install the cord I just posted above. the manufacturers dont install them. its the dealers that toss them on a lot of bikes on showroom floor, many of them do it as standard prep. then sell you a battery charger (battery tender jr) is like the most popular

im here to teach you/tell you exactly what you asked.

idk what else to tell you really.

Font Audio equipment Terrestrial plant Eyelash Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000
51 Posts
dude what are you talking about? dealerships install the cord I just posted above. the manufacturers dont install them. its the dealers that toss them on a lot of bikes on showroom floor, many of them do it as standard prep. then sell you a battery charger (battery tender jr) is like the most popular

im here to teach you/tell you exactly what you asked.

idk what else to tell you really.

View attachment 49057
He's right. This is really, really basic knowledge.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,410 Posts
Not the last 5 m/cs I've owned. Many motorcycles have a plastic female connector with a cap that allows instant access for tenders without having to remove any seat or anything. Key word here: tender. Just plug in, charge for a while and disconnect. No seats to remove.
Which bikes would those be ?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I hook one up as one of the first mods on virtually every motorcycle I've owned. I think some dealers put them on (especially old stock that they had to keep around over winter), but I've never had one come on any of my bikes new.
It's a simple cheap install.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I mean... how else are you going to attach the battery tinder to the battery?....
then you run the pig tail up to the rear seat area, so in future you just pop rear seat off. thats how every motorcycle ive ever had worked.
Mine came pre-wired with pig tail from factor to which of he looks his is under the seat with his manual and small invoice flyer with pictures and print out based on bike and it's options and usage as mine had that in a small clear zip lock type bag under rear seat or pilner is it called?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Mine came pre-wired with pig tail from factor to which of he looks his is under the seat with his manual and small invoice flyer with pictures and print out based on bike and it's options and usage as mine had that in a small clear zip lock type bag under rear seat or pilner is it called?
99% likely dealership did that. I say this because I have a 2022 gt and wasn’t one on it.
In fact, do the bikes ship with batteries? I think they are installed at dealerships. Could be wrong

1 - 18 of 18 Posts