GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had an non-essential travel ban here i BC until June 15th....I got my second vaccine back in May so I decided to go ahead...apparently it's ok to travel in BC as long as you are from another province...lol
I planned the trip back in January and we had originally 18 guys that went down to 12 because some were not comfortable travelling...
Anyway I decided to leave a week early on my own and meet the guys later....week on the road by myself..so nice.

I took the 7am ferry and my wife got up to take this pic at 6am...first big ride since my accident and on my new GSXS1000F hard to believe 9 months ago i was in the hospital with 20 broken bones...lol

Day one I rode to Osoyoos BC...it's our version of a desert...it was 37 (100) degrees but I had a pool...stayed there for two nights and did a day ride the next day...

Outside my hotel

And of course a trip for me wouldn't be complete without to getting a performance award certificate...lol
The guy was super nice and totally interested in my bike and the upgrades...asked lots of questions...we talked about his boat etc...30 min he says I have to give you a ticket....I was doing 127 in a 100 and he said "I will give you the minimum....$138 and 3 points...I asked for a warning and he said "can't do that"....then he said..."I suppose if I asked you for proof of insurance, you wouldn't be able to provide that"?...I said...sure "it's under my seat"...he says "I suppose if I asked you for proof of insurance, you wouldn't be able to provide that"?....lol...I said "oh no I can't"....he wrote me a ticket for no papers...$81 and no points...$56 if I pay it in 30 days.

We have some amazing roads in BC
Burton BC

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

My buddy just put the finishing touches on his awesome Bandit

You will notice a theme of very little traffic....covid lock downs aren't so bad..lol
Checked out a dirt road I have always wanted to see...glad I did

Took another ferry over to stay with a buddy in Revelstoke

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then in my second week I made my way back to Merritt to meet my buddies
Took them on the dirt road after I knew it was a good road.

Our must stop place The Empty Kep Brew pub They remembered us from last year and asked us to sing another song like we did..lol

Our waitress was amazing...I had gotten to know her because I was there a few nights prior...she was so positive and knew what we all had from the night before...we come to find out she lost her house to an electrical fire 3 days before...and a single mom....insurance out her in a motel....we did a little impromptu fundraiser and scraped together a few hundred dollars for her...she was moved to tears as we were...the stuff that happens on the road can be such a blessing.

On to Nakusp

And another Ferry

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then our final night as a big group was in one of my favorite places to stay...Toad Rock Motorcycle campground...with cabins

The gang left for home and me and a buddy spent a few more days on the road...

Home sweet home...my wife was being cheeky parking her passport in my spot...lol

14 days on the road and 3908kms covered. Loving my new bike!

Oh and my hip held up not too bad...

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,879 Posts
Brilliant Trevor, thanks. (y)

Reactions: trevor

·
Registered
356 Posts
Lots of smiling faces there and isn't that what it's all about!

Reactions: trevor

·
Registered
247 Posts
Excellent Trevor! A good time! Maybe you can comment on the performance of the mods to the bike. Pros and cons. Such as did the screen make a big difference in regards to buffeting etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent Trevor! A good time! Maybe you can comment on the performance of the mods to the bike. Pros and cons. Such as did the screen make a big difference in regards to buffeting etc.

Thanks.
The hindle exhaust has been working great...I did add a baffle insert to make it a bit quieter though. Apollo heated grips work awesome. The MRA Racing screen is great...no buffering and great wind protection. My custom seat provided plenty of comfort on the long days. And the Givi bags were great...more room than I thought. And I don't like having to use rain covers on bags but these go on easy and stay on...a nice strap system.
This bike is a true sport touring beast! Love my K1300R BMW too...but at a 100lbs more than the gs...you notice it after a long day.
Oh...and my Dyno quickshifter provided plenty of smiles too. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts

My congratulations! Really a lot of smiles on photos!!!

have just came back from 6k kms trip with my GF in Russia.

Can't tell really satisfied in MRA Touring windshield coz of noise over 130-150kmh

·
Registered
113 Posts
Noise at 150 will be on any bike that's not a goldwing...lol
its my second bike and first one with a fairing, no experience, but wind noise makes me tired.
of course short time is ok, but riding few hours like that is difficult even with ear plugs.

not sure what to do now - buy shoei gt air II helmet which is supposed to be quite or just go to second bike - an old touring machine, something as bmw r1200rt 😂

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,879 Posts
its my second bike and first one with a fairing, no experience, but wind noise makes me tired.
of course short time is ok, but riding few hours like that is difficult even with ear plugs.

not sure what to do now - buy shoei gt air II helmet which is supposed to be quite or just go to second bike - an old touring machine, something as bmw r1200rt 😂
I can say that Shoei GT Air is not the answer, earplugs still required.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I use the shoei gt air but it's the older model, not the new one that attempts to force owners to opt for the modular Sena system.
It's quiet with my earplugs but then all helmets are. My earplugs are custom fit moulded plugs, I can't ride without them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use the shoei gt air but it's the older model, not the new one that attempts to force owners to opt for the modular Sena system.
It's quiet with my earplugs but then all helmets are. My earplugs are custom fit moulded plugs, I can't ride without them.
Thanks for an advise. i heard about it.so just good earplugs for me 🙏

1 - 20 of 22 Posts