GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
You'll like the all black. One piece of advice it scratches easily on the clear coat especially on the back part where you lean into it riding. I added the Suzuki stick on pad that goes there the one that is black with white GSX-S on it and GT in bold lettering and it works great there. I also use the Suzuki tank ring tank bag to keep it up off the paint. I ordered the all black bike once I saw I could not get the nicer looking Triton blue with matching blue wheels stateside. No regrets! Post up your last 3 digits of you VIN I'm curious as to what number you have mine is 280.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Jeez...you guys liking the Triton blue are really bucking the trend in the USA according to
FreePenguiny
He really knows what the American market wants. And Suzuki decided that the Canada would appreciate and buy more than the usa of the triton blue....even though California buys more motorcycles than Canada combined...lol
You two guys must be tragically out of style....lol
On another note, I rode my Triton blue (with matching wheels) to my local bike bike night, over 100 bikes and the attention my bike got was incredible..mind you, of course is was by out of touch Canadians that don't know much about motorcycle trends. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have tons of swirls and micro scratches in my clear coat already after 500 miles, but they should buff out with some compound. Highly recommend and echo Roy's comments on adding the tank pad and Suzuki accessory film on the tank sides where your legs grip. I am PPFing the whole tank and front next week, may tint my windscreen as well too.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have tons of swirls and micro scratches in my clear coat already after 500 miles, but they should buff out with some compound. Highly recommend and echo Roy's comments on adding the tank pad and Suzuki accessory film on the tank sides where your legs grip. I am PPFing the whole tank and front next week, may tint my windscreen as well too.
Are you buying PPF kit? Because I havnt found a precut kit yet for our bike
I saw a YouTube video Japanese video where they had entire PPF cut out film kit but I emailed them and no reply

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I get what you are saying. Just because a few people here like it. See how grey black etc are primarily choice. I’m not sure if this is us based though for info

but knowing us caters toward darker color, bringing 2 blues didn’t seem wise to them financially (yet) unless there’s a large request. But a darker navy blue is a safe bet for those who want something other than black here

Found this just now worldwide and USA

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Font Number Screenshot Document Circle

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think wise choice would of been black blue and white looking at numbers instead of two blues and black.

white though can be skewed a bit. As fleet vehicles primarily grab white as color. Not to say customers aren’t buying them and putting black tint on windows. But a large percentage is fleet vehicles in white.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have my bike scheduled to go in for Ceramic coating....I did my BMW and my F bike...incredible results and my bmw with 100,000kms on it still looks like new! It's not cheap ($600 cash) but so worth it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have my bike scheduled to go in for Ceramic coating....I did my BMW and my F bike...incredible results and my bmw with 100,000kms on it still looks like new! It's not cheap ($600 cash) but so worth it.
I have PPF on all my cars but I do it myself

just need a pre cut xpel ultimate kit and only Japanese people seem to have the plotter design so far because I can’t find the cut outs Anywhere

·
Registered
741 Posts
Check last post update
I get what you are saying. Just because a few people here like it. See how grey black etc are primarily choice. I’m not sure if this is us based though for info

but knowing us caters toward darker color, bringing 2 blues didn’t seem wise to them financially (yet) unless there’s a large request. But a darker navy blue is a safe bet for those who want something other than black here

Found this just now worldwide and USA

View attachment 48601
View attachment 48600
Is that what Suzuki told you? :) Yet bringing three colours to Canada seems "wise"?...like I said California buys more bikes than our entire country. And you do know Canada is part of North America, right? Lol....Sorry my friend but your theories are pretty weak.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
But we still sell less bikes than uk and Europe. Let alone this 1 model

there’s a reason Suzuki didn’t bring that color here man. I’m telling you it’s based on past research and sales numbers. They aren’tjust doing it for no reason.

the charts show Americans liking darker colors so why offer a lighter color that statistically isn’t liked by Americans.

sell it where brighter colors sell better and offer a less risky dark blue

smart imo

i think Suzuki is the weakest brand selling in America, I see primarily Kawasaki’s or Yamaha’s and Harley’s and bmw. Let alone a few hundred machines.

Pre orders though imo isn’t a big risk, put bright blue on site and let people order and pay. But Suzuki doesn’t want to stock bright blue here

I got my 2013 gsxr 750 triton blue as left over in 2014 winter because no one wantsd it lol. I loved it though and got it for 9k otd.

my 2018 gsxs In triton blue bought as a leftover, no one wantsd it. 10k otd

Suzuki probdoesn’t want light blue units just sitting on showroom floors anymore

Personally if I bought light blue I simply would of had them powder coated black wheels, no big deal. Just should let you have some customizing like ford etc on site

1 pick color
2 pick wheel color
3 pick accessories installed by dealer

checkout

·
Registered
959 Posts
My Triton/silver MotoGP livery on my GSXRR is the most popular color on the GSXRs in a long time. The silver with Triton is beautiful in person. I bought the bike strictly based on the paint scheme and color. No blue wheels on it but it does have the neon yellow rim strips on black wheels just like the MotoGP bike had in 2021. I'd have no trouble selling this bike for pretty much what I paid for it, it is very sought after. Just a beautiful bike!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
My Triton/silver MotoGP livery on my GSXRR is the most popular color on the GSXRs in a long time. The silver with Triton is beautiful in person. I bought the bike strictly based on the paint scheme and color. No blue wheels on it but it does have the neon yellow rim strips on black wheels just like the MotoGP bike had in 2021. I'd have no trouble selling this bike for pretty much what I paid for it, it is very sought after.
That’s a motogpp race scheme though. That’s a large difference vs just a regular triton blue bike paint color.

·
Registered
741 Posts
But we still sell less bikes than uk and Europe. Let alone this 1 model

there’s a reason Suzuki didn’t bring that color here man. I’m telling you it’s based on past research and sales numbers. They aren’tjust doing it for no reason.

the charts show Americans liking darker colors so why offer a lighter color that statistically isn’t liked by Americans.

sell it where brighter colors sell better and offer a less risky dark blue

smart imo

i think Suzuki is the weakest brand selling in America, I see primarily Kawasaki’s or Yamaha’s and Harley’s and bmw. Let alone a few hundred machines.

Pre orders though imo isn’t a big risk, put bright blue on site and let people order and pay. But Suzuki doesn’t want to stock bright blue here

I got my 2013 gsxr 750 triton blue as left over in 2014 winter because no one wantsd it lol. I loved it though and got it for 9k otd.

my 2018 gsxs In triton blue bought as a leftover, no one wantsd it. 10k otd

Suzuki probdoesn’t want light blue units just sitting on showroom floors anymore

Personally if I bought light blue I simply would of had them powder coated black wheels, no big deal. Just should let you have some customizing like ford etc on site

1 pick color
2 pick wheel color
3 pick accessories installed by dealer

checkout
Your charts you are relying on say "North America"....Canada is part of North America....You can't be saying we would sell more triton blue bikes here in Canada than the USA...can you? Lol...that is insane to suggest. I mean right here in this forum most Americans here have said they would prefer the Triton blue given the choice. Since when is not giving a customer a choice that other countries get a "wise business decision"? Lol....come on man....most of us pre-ordered....they are shipping to Canada the Triton...they would sell more Triton blue bikes in California then they will in our entire country. No brainer! Canada is such a small market that under your theory it makes no sense if it a "smart business" decision to offer us all three colours. It's laughable.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Your charts you are relying on say "North America"....Canada is part of North America....You can't be saying we would sell more triton blue bikes here in Canada than the USA...can you? Lol...that is insane to suggest. I mean right here in this forum most Americans here have said they would prefer the Triton blue given the choice. Since when is not giving a customer a choice that other countries get a "wise business decision"? Lol....come on man....most of us pre-ordered....they are shipping to Canada the Triton...they would sell more Triton blue bikes in California then they will in our entire country. No brainer! Canada is such a small market that under your theory it makes no sense if it a "smart business" decision to offer us all three colours. It's laughable.
I don’t think they are going to sell a lot of these bikes in America anyway, nowhere near as many as gsxr imo. And if gsxr isn’t selling triton blue compared to other dull colors then I wouldn’t bring it here eirher

and yeah I am talking about us. Not Canada.

Thinking Back, for a few years the gsxr’s was only offered in black and grey schemes for awhile.

Every year I was checking for a update gsxr 750 andall they offered was color changes, but it was black and black and grey and there was a yellow at some point I recall

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
They have had the Triton blue on the GSX-R1000s since 2015 and it is the most popular color you'll find shopping used for one.
I guess we will disagree
Imo. Black > triton blue is what I see and read- not me personally I love triton blue but general sales

so they are going to sell a darker blue here unless people request light blue

I was upset when triton wasn’t offered now I got my dark blue and meh I’m good now. Not mad anymore. Suzuki made the choice for me by restricting what I could buy

·
Registered
959 Posts
I guess we will disagree
Imo. Black > triton blue is what I see and read- not me personally I love triton blue but general sales

so they are going to sell a darker blue here unless people request light blue

I was upset when triton wasn’t offered now I got my dark blue and meh I’m good now. Not mad anymore
I'm okay with that but I still prefer the Triton with blue wheels over the available US blue with black wheels.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts