GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
I guess we will disagree
Imo. Black > triton blue is what I see and read- not me personally I love triton blue but general sales

so they are going to sell a darker blue here unless people request light blue

I was upset when triton wasn’t offered now I got my dark blue and meh I’m good now. Not mad anymore. Suzuki made the choice for me by restricting what I could buy
How unamerican....lol

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I thought you had OCD? Lol...you contradict yourself a lot. :)
I love cleaning my bikes, so it's not a problem for me....I guess with the amount you ride, cleaning the wheels once a year would be enough. :)
ocd about matching stuff.
Not ocd about black wheels I can’t see dirt on.

gotta remember. I ride about 400-600 miles a year

7 years 1700 miles on my Harley, and 4 years 2300 miles on gsxs lol

you guys other members put 2k in a week. Baffles how you guys do it

my idea of fun is like a 30 mile ride once a week idk, I don’t really have anywhere to go. So I just ride in a circle or to go eat and back home

·
Registered
741 Posts
ocd about matching stuff.
Not ocd about black wheels I can’t see dirt on.

gotta remember. I ride about 400-600 miles a year

7 years 1700 miles on my Harley, and 4 years 2300 miles on gsxs lol

you guys other members put 2k in a week. Baffles how you guys do it

my idea of fun is like a 30 mile ride once a week idk, I don’t really have anywhere to go. So I just ride in a circle or to go eat and back home
Ahh it’s why I own motorcycles, to ride them. Lol it “baffles” me why you don’t ride

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Ahh it’s why I own motorcycles, to ride them. Lol it “baffles” me why you don’t ride
I work 12 hour days 5 days a week hours can fluctuate a little. Lol
Rotating schedule so I’m off half the time when it’s dark. But it pays my bills.

then when I do get time off it’s like 90-100* out. Next week is 97 degrees so I will be at the pool entire weekend

the Harley just isn’t my thing. I don’t like wind on my face so no windshield/non faired Harley is not ever being considered again

·
Registered
741 Posts
I work 12 hour days 5 days a week hours can fluctuate a little. Lol
Rotating schedule so I’m off half the time when it’s dark. But it pays my bills.

then when I do get time off it’s like 90-100* out. Next week is 97 degrees so I will be at the pool entire weekend

the Harley just isn’t my thing. I don’t like wind on my face so no windshield/non faired Harley is not ever being considered again
Americans work way too much. No one on their death bed ever says “I wish I spent more time at the office” lol 😂

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Americans work way too much. No one on their death bed ever says “I wish I spent more time at the office” lol 😂
Well I lost 25-30k gambling on stock options last fall. So making up for it!
Now that lit a fire under my ass, I’m going to try to pay 130k of mortgage debt off in next 20 months. 5k month extra to principal.
So I will be a slave for 2 years

my friends say dumb, because my mortgage is 3.25% but I want no debt, none. Tired of interest

if I do this, I will save 54k in interest. 30 year paid off in8 years

I would be 35 with house paid off! Sucks I waitedso long to make extra payments

·
Registered
538 Posts
You should get into touring. Riding around on roads I've already ridden 100 times is boring, I like to explore new areas. Every summer I try to take at least one touring trip, usually more. I take a week off work, pack several changes of clothes and some other stuff, and go as far as I can in a week. This year I have lots of vacation time built up so I might go for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You should get into touring. Riding around on roads I've already ridden 100 times is boring, I like to explore new areas. Every summer I try to take at least one touring trip, usually more. I take a week off work, pack several changes of clothes and some other stuff, and go as far as I can in a week. This year I have lots of vacation time built up so I might go for 2 weeks.
I took 7 weeks off to ride last year. Already been to California and back for two weeks this year and I’m taking the month of July off to ride back to Ontario with a few buddies. Should be close to 10k round trip. Plus the 6 to California and back. Life’s too short the vegetate in one’s backyard

·
Registered
278 Posts
Are you buying PPF kit? Because I havnt found a precut kit yet for our bike
I saw a YouTube video Japanese video where they had entire PPF cut out film kit but I emailed them and no reply
Frustrating when dealing with overseas companies especially if they don't speak engllish. I would be looking for a local company that does cars with the 3M clear at least that way you should get what you want. The only thing I would be asking is can they do it without damaging your bike??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well I lost 25-30k gambling on stock options last fall. So making up for it!
Now that lit a fire under my ass, I’m going to try to pay 130k of mortgage debt off in next 20 months. 5k month extra to principal.
So I will be a slave for 2 years

my friends say dumb, because my mortgage is 3.25% but I want no debt, none. Tired of interest

if I do this, I will save 54k in interest. 30 year paid off in8 years

I would be 35 with house paid off! Sucks I waitedso long to make extra payments
I take my hat off to you and nothing wrong with having a light at the end of the tunnel with the bonus of knowing you worked hard to achieve it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Frustrating when dealing with overseas companies especially if they don't speak engllish. I would be looking for a local company that does cars with the 3M clear at least that way you should get what you want. The only thing I would be asking is can they do it without damaging your bike??
Regarding PPF, I know a guy that owns a luxury detailing shop. Works on Ferraris, Lambos, etc. He looked at the bike and said it shouldn't be more than $500-600 to do full XPEL, and will actually be fairly easy labor-wise since there are sharper angles on the bike and tank.

I usually then do a ceramic coat over my PPF film, but do it myself for maybe $60-$100 in parts depending on what ceramic I want. Bikes are pretty easy to coat and fast to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like bright blues a lot and was initially disappointed that the US wasn’t getting the triton blue. However, I have grown to really like the metallic reflective blue, and one thing I haven’t heard many mention is the black front fender on the triton blue. I assume it’s because the wheels are color matched to the blue and they thought it would be too much blue? Is that even possible? Anyway, I really like the blue front fender with the black wheels on mine. These wheels aren’t the best looking wheels IMO anyway so not a fan of literally highlighting them with a bright blue color.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts