GSXS 1000 Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
In photos I didn’t care for it but in person it is really nice and I was ready for a split second impulse buy lol
ive always had bright blue bikes, so this was a different change of pace.
I was considering looking at your heat shield, to buy and powder coat, but meh. I think silver looks good too stock. idk where I had my old heat shield laying around never ran across it again

·
Registered
343 Posts
ive always had bright blue bikes, so this was a different change of pace.
I was considering looking at your heat shield, to buy and powder coat, but meh. I think silver looks good too stock. idk where I had my old heat shield laying around never ran across it again
I should be picking up the GSXS next week and I will have powder coated the piece and putting it on. You will be able to see what it looks like then to see if you like it. If I have time I will powder coat it later today and I also think I will paint the can black as well just to see how that will look.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I did it on my previous gsxs.

here's a pic. (I also powder coated) the rear tip muffler piece. 3 bolts pops off. worth doing imo. I used semi gloss black, it matched the casings of the engine imo. I dont know my powdercoaters brand or anything. but he told me semi gloss black.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Bicycle

·
Registered
343 Posts
I did it on my previous gsxs.

here's a pic. (I also powder coated) the rear tip muffler piece. 3 bolts pops off. worth doing imo. I used semi gloss black, it matched the casings of the engine imo. I dont know my powdercoaters brand or anything. but he told me semi gloss black. View attachment 49092

Thank you for the picture.
I powder coat myself and know I have a black that matches well.
I believe I want this effect with the exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
The all black shield and end can would look awesome on my all Black GT+. I am not skilled enough to get that pipe painted and it not peel off same goes for shield.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm still of the same opinion on the dark blue... to me it always looked decent, but not GREAT like Triton.

WRT turning the other bits black, I'm all for it! bright blue bodywork (and wheels) with black everything else is pure sex IMO. It's high contrast and super clean looking that way. To me, anything that's not blue or black on the bike just adds clutter. Of course, I say that as I sit here in a blue T-shirt, black pants, and blue shoes... so obviously I'm a bit crazy. 🤣

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'm still of the same opinion on the dark blue... to me it always looked decent, but not GREAT like Triton.

WRT turning the other bits black, I'm all for it! bright blue bodywork (and wheels) with black everything else is pure sex IMO. It's high contrast and super clean looking that way. To me, anything that's not blue or black on the bike just adds clutter. Of course, I say that as I sit here in a blue T-shirt, black pants, and blue shoes... so obviously I'm a bit crazy. 🤣
Saw this today lol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oof... that was quick! It at least looks well done, but that's certainly not for me!
I wouldn't ever promote Tom Cruise like that, either. 🤣

I prefer this pic that I took a few weeks ago. 😁 (Too bad they ruined my shot with that ugly fence)

Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

61 - 74 of 74 Posts