GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
😭

I did figure it would happen, but I didn't want to wait. I've had a good ~6 months so far with my dark blue '22 that I would've missed if I had waited. I'm just annoyed that they didn't bring the color here to begin with.
Still, I have options that I plan on exploring when I have a chance. 🙂

· Registered
169 Posts
how much additional is it to buy the panniers/etc afterwards? more than 700 difference?
I don't remember the difference, but several early reviews stated that yes, it would cost more to buy a non-plus then add the panniers than to buy the plus.
I guess that's the way it has to be done now if one wants a dark blue '23 with panniers... which is also annoying. 🙄

· Registered
493 Posts
Here we go again. I passed on a '22 GT+ in dark blue this year. Now the dealer is taking pre-orders for the Triton blue GT+ for 2023. I put in for it. Right now it's between a tricolor BMW 1250RS '23 model and the Suzuki. Of course the difference is more than just 2 cylinders and 4, the BMW being about $6,000 more expensive (but with TPM, heated grips, shaft drive, 3-year warranty, etc.). But my dealer might not be able to get one anyway, which is why the Suzuki pre-order

The BMW:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

The Triton blue Suzuki GT+ didn't appeal to me at first, but it's growing on me.

Are you '22 owners still happy campers? Any things that bug you, now that you've had it a while? Thanks.

· Registered
187 Posts
I spent a while seeking comfortable seating on mine; bars risers, rotated and moved controls inwards together made a big difference- seems like I'm in the comfortable space now, feeling like it would be good for 4hrs+ rides and no particular need to change the seat. I very much enjoy the torque, cornering and braking are good. I'm still not used to how much the bike wants to be pushed under vs pivot steered like the R6 but no doubt seat time will fix that. If I had a magic wand I'd put the 2019 headlight on... but no complaints.

· Registered
855 Posts
Here we go again. I passed on a '22 GT+ in dark blue this year. Now the dealer is taking pre-orders for the Triton blue GT+ for 2023. I put in for it. Right now it's between a tricolor BMW 1250RS '23 model and the Suzuki. Of course the difference is more than just 2 cylinders and 4, the BMW being about $6,000 more expensive (but with TPM, heated grips, shaft drive, 3-year warranty, etc.). But my dealer might not be able to get one anyway, which is why the Suzuki pre-order

The BMW:
View attachment 50029

The Triton blue Suzuki GT+ didn't appeal to me at first, but it's growing on me.

Are you '22 owners still happy campers? Any things that bug you, now that you've had it a while? Thanks.
I'm actually thinking about selling my GT and buying the 1250RS 2023 Tri-colour

· Registered
493 Posts
I'm actually thinking about selling my GT and buying the 1250RS 2023 Tri-colour
Seriously? Or are you "having me on"? LOL!

I've told my BMW dealer that I want to order the tricolor RS, and he's just waiting to hear from BMW what allocation he will or will not get for '23. If he can get one, it's the bike I want. Plenty of power, and standard accessories that the GT+ doesn't have (like heated grips, center stand, etc.). Hope to know one way or the other in a couple of weeks. More money than the GT+, but sometimes (especially if you're 75 years old) money is secondary to living life the way you want.

· Registered
855 Posts
Seriously? Or are you "having me on"? LOL!

I've told my BMW dealer that I want to order the tricolor RS, and he's just waiting to hear from BMW what allocation he will or will not get for '23. If he can get one, it's the bike I want. Plenty of power, and standard accessories that the GT+ doesn't have (like heated grips, center stand, etc.). Hope to know one way or the other in a couple of weeks. More money than the GT+, but sometimes (especially if you're 75 years old) money is secondary to living life the way you want.
I’m serious
My dealer has two coming in

· Registered
493 Posts
I’m serious
My dealer has two coming in
That's very interesting. My dealer keeps telling me he doesn't know if the RS will be available, yet your dealer has two coming in. Something's not adding up. Without being specific (unless you want to), where in general terms is your dealer? And are those 2023 models? When are they due...spring? Are they both tricolor? Thanks!

· Registered
855 Posts
That's very interesting. My dealer keeps telling me he doesn't know if the RS will be available, yet your dealer has two coming in. Something's not adding up. Without being specific (unless you want to), where in general terms is your dealer? And are those 2023 models? When are they due...spring? Are they both tricolor? Thanks!
Victoria BC
He is looking at January...both 2023 and at least one in the tri colour

· Registered
1,061 Posts
No regrets the bike is what I expected. No issues to date other than the cold start noise they all have and its become a non issue with me. I just ride off and never notice it. I put the heated grips on mine and they work as good as any other grip heater I have had. I added the Suzuki taller screen and it works for me but most reviews on it are negative go figure. I changed to the style seat and it is a tad firmer than oem but that is due to the stiffer covering used. I have logged 500 mile day on the bike no issues. The mySpin I hate and do not use it anymore. The cruise control has a issue with the blinking light from time to time but a key off key back on it goes away. Software glitch I'm thinking, no error codes to go with it. Nothing has broke or fell off in fact the only time the chain has been adjusted was at 4800 miles when I added a new rear tire. Bike currently has 6k miles on it. It gets decent fuel mileage mid 40s to low 40. It has been a good motorcycle to date.

· Registered
855 Posts
No regrets the bike is what I expected. No issues to date other than the cold start noise they all have and its become a non issue with me. I just ride off and never notice it. I put the heated grips on mine and they work as good as any other grip heater I have had. I added the Suzuki taller screen and it works for me but most reviews on it are negative go figure. I changed to the style seat and it is a tad firmer than oem but that is due to the stiffer covering used. I have logged 500 mile day on the bike no issues. The mySpin I hate and do not use it anymore. The cruise control has a issue with the blinking light from time to time but a key off key back on it goes away. Software glitch I'm thinking, no error codes to go with it. Nothing has broke or fell off in fact the only time the chain has been adjusted was at 4800 miles when I added a new rear tire. Bike currently has 6k miles on it. It gets decent fuel mileage mid 40s to low 40. It has been a good motorcycle to date.
I think you meant "hot start"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts