GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do I have to get the bike tuned if I install a different slip on?
The stock slip-on on the GSXS is mostly for looks and has negligible impact on aerodynamics or aeroacoustics (most of the muffling occurs in the box/resonator underneath the bike). You can take it out and see for yourself. My suggestion is to just throw the stock can away. For looks you can maybe put a cheap exhaust tip like I did. There are some good options on eBay/Aliexpress.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock slip-on on the GSXS is mostly for looks and has negligible impact on aerodynamics or aeroacoustics (most of the muffling occurs in the box/resonator underneath the bike). You can take it out and see for yourself. My suggestion is to just throw the stock can away. For looks you can maybe put a cheap exhaust tip like I did. There are some good options on eBay/Aliexpress.
View attachment 45396
View attachment 45396
can you tell me what make and size that is? Also I’m having trouble finding it. If you still have it would you send on the link. I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I can attest that a slip on can make a significant difference. Maybe not enough difference if your're a real "louder is better" guy, but very noticable. I put on a Mivv Double Gun and it came with removable db killers. I immediately removed them. Very nice growl. I liked it, but on long rides it became a little obnoxious. I put the db killers back in and still louder than stock, but much better for any long rides. Just my experience / opinion.
Here's a link to my flyby without db killers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
can you tell me what make and size that is? Also I’m having trouble finding it. If you still have it would you send on the link. I’d appreciate it.
Any exhaust tip with a 2 inch (51 mm) inlet would work. I got a cheap used one from Amazon (see picture below).

For a cleaner look, I also added the heat shield from Yoshimura. It is available at 11100-435 Aluminum Heatshield but there are other options as well, e.g., SUZUKI GSX-S 1000F 2015-2021 CAT COVER | eBay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
237 Posts
Stock exhaust w cat delete sounds pretty nice. For a sum of less than hundred bucks to delete cat, isn’t the worst thing out there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts