GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000Z
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just settled on a turbo kit! I was looking in to an all motor rebuild but after many discussions I'm not sure I would hit my goal. So I settled on a turbo. Have just ordered one from Big CC Racing with dual boost controller for approximately 220 / 260HP. I plan to do the install myself and then take it in for a proper dyno tune. The one thing I'm not sure of is the exhaust. I've just gone with dump pipes to start but would like to keep the bike streetable and not obnoxiously loud. I've got a full M4 system on at the moment that I thought I could mod / reuse but I've been informed I need at least a 2.5" internal bore to be unrestricted and mine is 2.25". Thoughts?

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000Z
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: Tombie

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000Z
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lead time is a bit long at 6 weeks but I’ll update as I go for sure. 👍

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've been informed I need at least a 2.5" internal bore to be unrestricted and mine is 2.25". Thoughts?
Big CC tell you you need the 2.5" ID?

Looking forward to updates. If you can, takes pictures and document the build. Looking forward to the results! I often think about what be done to get MOAR!

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000Z
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big CC tell you you need the 2.5" ID?

Looking forward to updates. If you can, takes pictures and document the build. Looking forward to the results! I often think about what be done to get MOAR!
Yeah that’s info straight from them. I opted for the dump pipe to get things moving but am considering letting them fabricate an exhaust also now. I’d just have to fit my own can.

Reactions: gritty

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've just settled on a turbo kit! I was looking in to an all motor rebuild but after many discussions I'm not sure I would hit my goal. So I settled on a turbo. Have just ordered one from Big CC Racing with dual boost controller for approximately 220 / 260HP. I plan to do the install myself and then take it in for a proper dyno tune. The one thing I'm not sure of is the exhaust. I've just gone with dump pipes to start but would like to keep the bike streetable and not obnoxiously loud. I've got a full M4 system on at the moment that I thought I could mod / reuse but I've been informed I need at least a 2.5" internal bore to be unrestricted and mine is 2.25". Thoughts?
Go for it....dont forget the pictures

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I admire your ambition, but I gotta say, I value reliability in motorcycles even more than cars. My previous car was an OEM turbo. After surfing forums, I found out the reliability was dismal. I sold it after 2.5 years (before warranty ran out). I got a call a month later from the dealor that I traded it to wondering if I had done anything to it cause the new owner was having engine problems. I escaped that crap. I can understand those that are willing to take that risk for the sake of performance, but I'm not one of those guys when it comes to my MC. I hope you have great results though and look forward to more news. (y)

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000Z
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you havent seen it yet, check this thread out and read through it all.. very good read New exhaust
I had seen that yeah. Hopefully I have a better end result! I will be upgrading fueling, air flow etc also.

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000Z
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I admire your ambition, but I gotta say, I value reliability in motorcycles even more than cars. My previous car was an OEM turbo. After surfing forums, I found out the reliability was dismal. I sold it after 2.5 years (before warranty ran out). I got a call a month later from the dealor that I traded it to wondering if I had done anything to it cause the new owner was having engine problems. I escaped that crap. I can understand those that are willing to take that risk for the sake of performance, but I'm not one of those guys when it comes to my MC. I hope you have great results though and look forward to more news. (y)
Cheers. I have looked in to what the engine can handle and giving myself a safety factor. I also can't see myself running high boost on the road. That'll be reserved for the odd track day. As part of the kit I'm also upgrading some of the cylinder, clutch etc with heavy duty parts. Time will tell how it goes!

Reactions: gritty and mike d

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
407 Posts
I'm interested in in seeing the headers you gonna put on - the supernaked giants like the The Beastly Duke & V4s have huge headers at 177hp & 208hp respectively

following

1 - 20 of 20 Posts