GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a sturdy, high quality, super bright LED turn signal that they are really happy with? (Cheap Ebay Chinese need not apply). There are so many out there, Rizoma, Puig, LighTech, etc. it's hard to choose from small pictures on the internet. There are previous threads on this subject, but not recent. Want to hear from you that have installed and your review.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I saw other members with rhizoma and I took the plunge. I like them a lot though. I was skeptical ordering them, but they are sharp looking, and extremely bright. Phuket Paul showed me a 99c relay on eBay it worked just fine, no hyper flashing of any sorts. Normal turn signal speeds.

I have this pic I took of bike, shows the turn signal. Looks awesome. (I dont have rear turn signals though) as I have integrated tail light. saves me from having to buy 4 of them.

All I did was pop down the front, unclipped and unscrewed the stock turn signals, these just go right in their spot, and the quick connect, made quick work. took maybe 15 minutes doing everything. I posted pics of my order, because it shows the spacers/quick connects/lights as a whole.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
FP, are they super bright? I saw these in your bike thread a while back. Are they SUPER bright? Like almost hurts the eye to look at them straight on when lit?
I say this 'cause I'm running some Chinese signals that are actually that bright, I love that about them, but they are starting to "sag" downward as so cheap.

·
Registered
694 Posts
They are bright. They dont look as bright with my iPhone because my LED turn headlight is that bright too.

here's my little video. The noise is the LED headlight bulb, theres a fan on it you can only hear it when bike is not running, I am not turning bike on for 10 seconds in garage. lol

People can definitely see me. That is for sure, cant tell you if they are brighter than the Chinese knock offs, but im very happy with mine. Look nice, solid construction. Looks just like a nice solid piece. Just expensive.

I really like that the black backing doesnt shine back towards me. I dont want to have my turn signals blinding me personally.

If curious about the led headlight, this is it.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I put a couple of these motogadget m-blazes on my last bike and they were great. Visible from front and rear.

I've though of swapping them on my F but a little hesitant because of the solid stock and where they mount on the F (an inadvertent tip-over could wreck the fairing).
(Beware that price is for 1 only).

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I've been tempted to put these on the F. They are lower profile so not as likely to cause a problem. They might work on the naked too.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a couple of these motogadget m-blazes on my last bike and they were great. Visible from front and rear.

I've though of swapping them on my F but a little hesitant because of the solid stock and where they mount on the F (an inadvertent tip-over could wreck the fairing).
(Beware that price is for 1 only).
Those look cool! Little Krystaline beauties. Interesting!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw other members with rhizoma and I took the plunge. I like them a lot though. I was skeptical ordering them, but they are sharp looking, and extremely bright. Phuket Paul showed me a 99c relay on eBay it worked just fine, no hyper flashing of any sorts. Normal turn signal speeds.

I have this pic I took of bike, shows the turn signal. Looks awesome. (I dont have rear turn signals though) as I have integrated tail light. saves me from having to buy 4 of them.

All I did was pop down the front, unclipped and unscrewed the stock turn signals, these just go right in their spot, and the quick connect, made quick work. took maybe 15 minutes doing everything. I posted pics of my order, because it shows the spacers/quick connects/lights as a whole.
So $184 for 4? I like but not cheap

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like that FP, interesting alternative ... is the brake light only around the outside perimeter of the taillight? The central LEDs don't light up red?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You could also look at R&G Racing - they have two sets of LED indicators. I have the cheaper ones fitted to mine and am happy with them. They also do the tear drop shape ones which might look good on the front (especially for anyone who has their tear drop crash bungs).

·
Registered
541 Posts
Don't go with TST Industries. They don't fit, they will just fall out if you only use the install kit they come with, had to hack up the stock mount plate to get the new ones to stay. And they are so dim they are useless anytime but night.

·
Registered
890 Posts
So $184 for 4? I like but not cheap
Yes, keep a bucket by your keyboard to throw up in when you click the checkout button.

But then, they arrive and they are sooooo sweet. You forget all about the pain to your wallet. I forgot to order the connectors and didn't want to cut my wiring so I ran to my local shop and got some of the same connectors FP posted. Also, everything is very well packaged and they come with the resistors so you don't get the fast flash. You can get cheaper ones, but I've never had signals with this quality and since I'm keeping this bike a long time I'm glad I invested.

Yes, I have two different kinds. I got the last of my suppliers blue ones. And the black/white blend into the front end really well.

I actually did some modifying of the internal parts to get everything to sit the way I wanted it, so it might look a bit different from FP's install but I was bored and being picky when I did it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Don’t have to use resisters if you buy the little relay plug that goes under seat. Just remove old one and insert new one.

I paid 99c on eBay. I didn’t want to use resisters. Your bike is where I decided to try them. Love the look of these flashers.

The blue ones on his bike are old design the clear ones covering most the light are the new designs.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Interesting on the relay. I used the resistors because they came with it, but a replacement relay would clean things up a lot. 99c isn't too much, but I might be too lazy to rip it all out. :D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Freedom!
G D it you didn't answer my question
On you integrated tail light, is the red brake light only around the perimeter (as it looks in the video)? Or do the central LED's light up red on brake as well?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Here’s per your request
Didn’t realize how crappy it would turn out using phone. But the whole thing illuminates.

Oh to your question. The edge doesn’t light up, it was the angle of that previous video. The little circles light up. The camera made it look like an edge light led

There’s different light settings, I just like mine this way. Not flashing when braking and such I prefer it solid when holding brake which it does. Idk. They are very bright and work great. I was just flipping back and fourth a few times. To let you see them
https://youtu.be/eHDZHC5HJwA

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK I take it it's all good, in the video everything is yellow and bright, hard to differentiate

But I like it! Could be a winner!

·
Registered
694 Posts
I can’t post high quality anything for a week, my MacBook was sent off for repair, so all I can do is iPhone vids and pics til it’s back.

It’s sharp, works great. Fair prices too, same price as the darn two rear tails. But

Will law enforcement bother you? Me in America, not a chance. No one cares. Not required to have those whale tails or anything here

Idk about how they are there

·
Registered
329 Posts
I can’t post high quality anything for a week, my MacBook was sent off for repair, so all I can do is iPhone vids and pics til it’s back.

It’s sharp, works great. Fair prices too, same price as the darn two rear tails. But

Will law enforcement bother you? Me in America, not a chance. No one cares. Not required to have those whale tails or anything here

Idk about how they are there
Might want to check if local laws require a minimum spacing between blinkers.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts