GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at the system hanging from from the roof for the past 8 months, I鈥檝e decided to refit it (with a new PC5).

Once the weather perks up it鈥檚 off for a dyno run with P3 Tuning 馃憤馃徎

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
boy thats nasty looking...i like it
Thanks 馃憤馃徎 Have to sacrifice a few things by refitting it but hey ho.

Will a Power Commander and K&N filter be enough or would it require an Dyno Jet Auto tune too??

Registered

Will a Power Commander and K&N filter be enough or would it require an Dyno Jet Auto tune too??
Talk to your tuner. They will recommend the best solution for your needs.
K&N will offer filter longevity, but nothing in the way of performance, something to keep in mind.
Those twin pipes are really nice ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

Talk to your tuner. They will recommend the best solution for your needs.
K&N will offer filter longevity, but nothing in the way of performance, something to keep in mind.
Those twin pipes are really nice /forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
Yes I was thinking the K&N is no better than the original, but thought I best change it while the tank was off. I鈥檓 not really after big power gains, just want it setting up to the exhaust. It鈥檚 rough as toast as it is.

Registered
Yes I was thinking the K&N is no better than the original, but thought I best change it while the tank was off. I鈥檓 not really after big power gains, just want it setting up to the exhaust. It鈥檚 rough as toast as it is.
After performing a decat on my stock 2018 it ran terribly too.
After tuning it runs perfectly in any gear at any rpm, fear not.
I only mention the K&N because the research and testing has already been performed.
The stock filter is in no way a bottleneck. It has potential to perform at a greater rate than required.
I also wasn't interested in the power gains. The smoothness gained was worth every cent, and i spent a fair chunk of change.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think it鈥檚 worth me downloading a map and trying that first? Or go straight for a Dyno?

Registered
I think it depends on whether you are going to stick with that configuration or if you will be changing you pipes when the next sexy beast come son the market.
You can't beat a custom tune. But it only works for one pipe. If you have some changes in mind in the future maybe the PCV5 and an auto tune would be a better option?

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I think it depends on whether you are going to stick with that configuration or if you will be changing you pipes when the next sexy beast come son the market.
You can't beat a custom tune. But it only works for one pipe. If you have some changes in mind in the future maybe the PCV5 and an auto tune would be a better option?
I鈥檓 definitely leaving this system on now, it鈥檚 too much of a pain in the arse changing over. The GSX is purely a dry weather bike so hardly gets used, my V-Strom is my all rounder 馃榿 I鈥檒l mail P3 and see what they suggest.

Registered
Do you think it鈥檚 worth me downloading a map and trying that first? Or go straight for a Dyno?
You've got probably more flow than any aftermarket exhaust available for these bikes, so likely a downloaded map isn't going to cut it for your unique project. But, it IS free, so....

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
That鈥檚 true, I鈥檒l go down the Dyno route, no point in doing half a job. 馃憤馃徎

Registered

use a sprint filter , same price as k & n , possibly cheaper & due to the polyester design over the cotton it involves a compressor to clean , rather than watering , drying & bloody oiling

had the overkill one in my z900 (the overkill is that i do not race & purchased the 拢200 f185) definitely torquier in the middle but not needed

Stock filters are shat , we all know that , toss it out & get decent airflow

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
use a sprint filter , same price as k & n , possibly cheaper & due to the polyester design over the cotton it involves a compressor to clean , rather than watering , drying & bloody oiling

had the overkill one in my z900 (the overkill is that i do not race & purchased the 拢200 f185) definitely torquier in the middle but not needed

Stock filters are shat , we all know that , toss it out & get decent airflow
Too late I ordered the K&N last night 馃槒

Registered
not sure stock filters are shxt they will keep airbox cleaner then the after markets lots of fine dust dirt will line the airbox with aftermarket filter and stock will be clean...so sure they flow a little more air dirt ect...at what price 0 to 2 hp wont feel it .. 2 hp wont win a street race or make the ride more enjoyable ill go with the cleaning performance of a stock filter

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
not sure stock filters are shxt they will keep airbox cleaner then the after markets lots of fine dust dirt will line the airbox with aftermarket filter and stock will be clean...so sure they flow a little more air dirt ect...at what price 0 to 2 hp wont feel it .. 2 hp wont win a street race or make the ride more enjoyable ill go with the cleaning performance of a stock filter
I鈥檓 with you there, manufactures spend millions on R&D so it鈥檚 not something I鈥檇 usually bother with myself, the only reason I鈥檓 changing it is for the PCV and exhaust, otherwise I鈥檓 a Leave It Stock kinda guy myself, not that you think looking at my exhaust 馃槀

Registered
I鈥檓 with you there, manufactures spend millions on R&D so it鈥檚 not something I鈥檇 usually bother with myself, the only reason I鈥檓 changing it is for the PCV and exhaust, otherwise I鈥檓 a Leave It Stock kinda guy myself, not that you think looking at my exhaust 馃槀

you changed the outlet & correctly changed the filter to the inlet foor the lungs of your machine because the millions spent into the R&D of Combustion has led you to this . . . thats the point.

if your a leave it stock guy then leavitstock , cant go wrong with that at all but the 1st time I used a DNA filter in my old 650 , i instantly felt the midrange torque , same in my z900 (the filter i used was total overkill though not needed for street at the price I paid):crying::)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts