GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
Not to let down the mood or anything, but I just had a bad experience with our beloved manufacturer.
I bought my gsxs brand new, and something like 2 months later the brake discs turns out to be warped. And Suzuki doesn't want anything to do with it. They say that it's not under the guarantee, because it's a wear-part. Can that really be true!? After I've spent so much money on them, for a bike that doesn't work optimally, they just turn the cold shoulder.
Am I the only one with an experience like this?

Best regards!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sounds like a pretty crappy dealer if they won't help you out after only 2 months of new ownership. Unless of course you're riding in there for inspection pulling stoppies all the way into the workshop.
Is there no consumer affairs where you're from?
I'm sure there's plenty you can do about it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Sounds like you need to go above their heads.
Did they inspect the brake system? If there is a fault ie pads dragging, I would say you have a case!!
Unfortunately disks can warp through abuse and they don't know how you ride the bike but they should at least check for an issue

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
That's strange, unless they have been severely abused or accidentally damaged?
If not it should have been apparent from day one.
How much are they warped?
Runout limit is 0.3mm (0.012")

Reactions: Andi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this is still a pretty new case, so not alot of work have gone into it yet, but the standing so far is that there's no help to get from Suzuki (and that being the guy who imports the bikes, since it's him who gets and processes all the complaints) and I have heard from one of my trusty friends that he's quite an a-hole.
That being that I havent really abused the bike (I don't think) I've taken it to the track once, but my opinion is that if they make a bike that can go that fast around a track, they should be able to do it in one piece, and not brake after half a day.
And no, I'm not doing stoppies in the dealers parking lot.

Just to be sure, what I think I'm hearing is that I should definitely keep going on the case untill someone takes the responsibility. Either the dealer or the importer.

Thanks for the responses guys!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly my thoughts Barsteward.

I was at my dealer today, and the situation is that the inspector said on the phone that if we send a complaint it will be declined because it's a wear-part. But we're trying anyways just to see if he dares put it in text. Otherwise I'll have to see if I can get a hold of someone higher up.

Regards

·
Registered
361 Posts
Brake pads are a wear item, rotors usually are not. Wear items aren't covered under warranty simply because they're designed to wear out due to normal use. A warped disk on a 3 month old vehicle is not a used-up wear item, it is a defective disk. Warped disks are a safety hazard. Tell that to your dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts