GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always a subjective issue... Has anyone tried something other than the original equipment dunlop d214 tyres?
My rear is ready for replacement at 3000 miles, thinking of giving a pair of metzler m7rr tyres a go. Anyone tried them on the gsx s?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had Bridgestone s20 evos which I only got 7500km out of. No other complaints. This bikes a bit of a tyre eater I think.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Michelin PR4's as I ride in all weathers. Much quicker steering than the D214's.

One of my mates has the M7 RR's on his "F" model and swears by them, although he hasn't faced really wet conditions so far. He's done about 6000 km on them with plenty left on them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
For wet weather use the PR4s are the best tyres you can buy. A bit like a road race wet no doubt. To be honest in the dry on the road all tyres will give very similar results- a bit different on the track though.

PR4s seem to keep their profile much better than any other tyre I have used.

Ive got loads of tyres in my cellar ready to use- from the cheap- Dunlop Qualifiers- mid price- BT016s to A couple of set of very expensive Supercorsas ( superb Road/Track tyre )

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's personal preference. I always use Michelin Pilot Power.

I'm nearing 3k with my stock tires and they look like they have another 1,000 miles left on them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Always a subjective issue... Has anyone tried something other than the original equipment dunlop d214 tyres?
My rear is ready for replacement at 3000 miles, thinking of giving a pair of metzler m7rr tyres a go. Anyone tried them on the gsx s?
Can report only good things about M7RR metzeler. perfect for everythink u name it. footpegs scratching, rain, reasonable milage.

Angel GT is also ok but its an sporttouring tire. My friend drive them on his FZ1 and hes very happy with them - grip and extra millage. Just make sure u DONT take the one for heavy load bcs there are 2 types.
PR4 i didnt take bcs they tend to give that squashy feeling when u drive them properly on edge, but they are very good for rain.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
My stock tyres were trashed at 3200miles. I put on metzeler m7rr in 190/55 in thy back and it is transformed the bike in such a good way. Tips in better and grips so hard. On the stock tires i would have the tc light flashing in level 2 all through the canyons, when i was doing tests with the m7rrs tc wouldn't even cut in on level 3...they are so sticky! And they do well in the rain for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, think I'm going to stick a pair of m7rr's on, as it sounds like a tyre that will cope with everything from a wet shopping trip to a sunny trackday.

·
Registered
974 Posts
It's personal preference. I always use Michelin Pilot Power.

I'm nearing 3k with my stock tires and they look like they have another 1,000 miles left on them.
Yep pretty much my story also , will go for pilot 4 and hope I get a bit further out of them than the stocks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts