GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you UK guys had a test ride on the new bike yet?
If not, why not?
There are loads of bikes available at dealers, get a test ride you won't be disappointed.
Put it in "A" mode and TC on one or off and hang on.
No need to talk about quick action throttle or snatch.
Come on I need someone to talk to. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
If not, why not?
There are loads of bikes available at dealers, get a test ride you won't be disappointed.
If its any help,I think I'm one of the few (only 5?) in Belgium who has it? :whistle:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Old Mate,
Reality has set in by the sounds of it. No rides on the new bike, trips to the Doc and rehab, the highlights of the week.
This was my journey 5 years ago, and you'll be doing the same too I guess.
Nothing worse with all those fine balmy Autumn English days and a busted body and matching bike.

What was the outcome with the Insurers ?
A write off or a long repair timeline at the appointed Repair Shop ?
Or worse still, the new one IS in the garage and you just have to look at it going nowhere ?

Those demo's in the UK must be around as I watched a youtube video of a Blogger on a gray GSX-S1000 last week.
He didn't have a bad word to say about the bike, and I can't wait to see it arrive here in early 2022.
That's a long time since release, say's a lot about Suzuki's Factory Covid problems and their place on the chip production line.

Chin up, you can always ring the Speaking Clock .... At the third stoke , it's 11:59 and 30 seconds -- always good for a chat, that bloke.

Rob.
Not fully getting your drift? There was no damage to the bike other than a bent brake lever, no insurers involved. I posted somewhere that my hand had mostly healed and I was back in the saddle. I did 250 miles on Sunday getting my strength back and now have 1131 on the clock.
I would just like to hear other peoples opinions on the bike.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK Dekker, I obviously have remembered the details incorrectly then. It's been a while.
Enjoy your ride.

Rob.
Happens to me all the time, I've given up worrying about it .............err, I think? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great, how do you like it?
Love it,quickshifter is just smooth as can be,handling is agile though I believe it will be even better when I replace the oem tyre with a 55.
Just too bad there are no accessories for it yet in Belgium,I need the tank grips and center tank pad.
Also going to fit the SS braided lines and possibly brembo MC,already installed EBC HH pads from the get go.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think most accessories are available here but I do know the frame sliders are not yet.
My son (non biking) lives in Bruxelles the only place I've seen someone pulling wheelies on the cobbles in the city.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If not, why not?
Hi Dekker,
Sorry not been on here very much recently
Test rode the new one a few weeks back and really enjoyed it, seemed quicker than my 2015 from 6000rpm upwards and loved the quick shifter but not willing to part with mine plus another £5000 then do all the mods agian

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Dekker,
Sorry not been on here very much recently
Test rode the new one a few weeks back and really enjoyed it, seemed quicker than my 2015 from 6000rpm upwards and loved the quick shifter but not willing to part with mine plus another £5000 then do all the mods agian
Glad to hear you tried it, agree about where the power improvement is. (y)
The test ride gives people an experience and costs nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think most accessories are available here but I do know the frame sliders are not yet.
My son (non biking) lives in Bruxelles the only place I've seen someone pulling wheelies on the cobbles in the city.
I asked my dealer when and he said 2 weeks,4 weeks ago 😓

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anybody happen to know if the accessory red brembo calipers are a better version or if they are just OEM with red paint?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are just painted different colours. They used to do Blue as well.

Reactions: Plonk

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You wouldn't happen to know if the tail tidy from the 2015-2020 model fits this one aswell?
Can't say for sure but the rear fender looks the same to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts