GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, does anyone know what (if any) the difference is between a U.K. & European spec bike is ?

The reason I'm asking is I took my bike to my local Suzuki dealer for a service before the season starts and to have them look at the left hand switch as the select button is sticking in (I know this has happened to a few of you) to then get a call from them to say it's not registered on the Suzuki GB web site for the warranty! Now I got the bike from a different super bike dealer for a over a £1000 cheaper and now I know why !!
My local Suzuki dealer is now in the process of getting the warranty transferred for me to the uk so they can sort the switch out plus they also asked me if i wanted to have the ECU changed as they had had a few problems with the ones they had sold! I have had it remapped so I said thank you but no thank you.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've looked at the parts list for both (lots of euro/UK parts are unique compared to USA version)...I dont think there are any real mechanical differences between UK and EU but **** you Brexit!!

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,597 Posts
Perhaps just headlight beam dipping direction.

·
Registered
100 Posts
EU and UK Bike is the same in my opinion. You also do not need a new headlight... For adjustment please have a look in the manual. The only issue is the warrenty.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Dazzler, what does the bike VIN plate say is the country that it was designed for?
I am assuming there would be a compliance plate fitted. or is the EU the only ID.

Rob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts