GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me why when i bought my bike new this march i got a 3 year warranty,yet someone who bought it last year had a 2 year warranty and some on here have a 5 year, why the **** dont Suzuki do the same for everyone?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My warranty is for 2 years with Suzuki, is yours 2 years with Suzuki & an extra year with your dealer, a lot of dealers offer extended warranty's because they know they are going to make more money out of you with servicing costs to keep the warranty valid. I will have mine serviced this year by the dealer but after that I will do all the work myself as I`m an Ex mechanic.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My warranty is for 2 years with Suzuki, is yours 2 years with Suzuki & an extra year with your dealer, a lot of dealers offer extended warranty's because they know they are going to make more money out of you with servicing costs to keep the warranty valid. I will have mine serviced this year by the dealer but after that I will do all the work myself as I`m an Ex mechanic.
dont know never asked will have to find out,im sure they said it was a Sukuki warranty

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought in March and was told I had a 3 year official Suzuki warranty. Whether this is a promotional exercise for this year only or their new policy from now on I don't know. As for the 5 year I have no idea what countries/dealers offer this but sure I've seen it mentioned here at some point. Not really answering your question though....

·
Registered
118 Posts
5 years in canada.. I heard that suzuki canada had some financial problem and that's a promotion to convince people to buy their bikes

·
Registered
10 Posts
In Canada,Suzuki has been giving a Suzuki 5 year warranty with any new bike bought.
This was a promotional deal to drum up sales,that might extend past the March 31 deadline.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dudes, Maybe I should be outraged(?). It cost me $469 for the additional 2-year warranty, for a total of 3 years. I heard BMWs only have a 1-year warranty in Germany, but here in USA it's 3 years. Anyway, the added warranty does include parts and labor--but actually hoping I never have to verify that :).

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't know why but all suzuki motorcycles imported into Norway have 5yrs warranty Not sure if its some kind of promotion or some local norwegian law ?? Having said that i have in the past not had a great experience with warranty's over here my previous bike had some minor issues that they claimed were not covered and i had a 5 yr warranty on my SAAB and when saab went bust nobody was interested in helping even though technically the importer should have stepped in according to the law over here

·
Registered
147 Posts
I cannot say specifically, cause I don't have the details and can only speculate. But I just know one thing, nothing in life is free, you pay for it some way or the other. So if I get 5 years warranty versus 2 years in another country, it probably worked into the deal / price is some way versus their price. And if some countries are getting a bigger discount, then it also a strategic decision in that market. One also have to think about different shipping / logistics cost and import tariffs to different markets, which can make a difference in cost and hence price. A potential lower cost could and possible lower price can be turned into a longer warranty instead of offering a lower price in that market; or vice versa. So for what's it worth, its useful to know, but its not going make any difference in my life. If I want it, I have to take it at the price and with specifications that are offered in my market; and can only compare with available rivals in my market. Its almost similar to what they say - what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are the UK terms for the extra warranty -Guess the same will be other countries

All new Suzuki On-Road motorcycles officially imported into the United Kingdom by Suzuki GB PLC and first registered in the UK between 01-01-2016 and 31-12-2016 will benefit from an additional one year extension to the normal Two-Year Suzuki Warranty, such one year Warranty extension to apply subject to the following conditions:
Warranty extension only applies to such motorcycles which are regularly serviced through a UK Authorised Suzuki Dealer, in accordance with the schedule in the Owner’s Manual; and
in the UK only, for one year commencing from expiry of the normal Two-Year Suzuki Warranty, and only for motorcycles which are kept in the UK during the Warranty extension period; If you are a consumer, this extended Warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
These extended warranties are all about tying you in to Suzuki Dealer servicing. If that suits you then all is good.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Ha!
Some of you guys might have a longer warranty than me but mine also came with free breakdown recovery so I can get my unwarantee'd a$$ home. That's go to be worth something:laugh:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Ha!
Some of you guys might have a longer warranty than me but mine also came with free breakdown recovery so I can get my unwarantee'd a$$ home. That's go to be worth something:laugh:
I get recovery anyway with my insurance (Carole Nash) came in handy when I broke down while touring in France a few years back.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
In canadas we have no obligation to do the servicing by a dealer to maintain the warranty
We do not either for the standard warranty, seems its just the extended period they are tying you in for. See #10 of this thread, well that's how I interpret it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts