GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deciding between the GSXS 1000F and Ninja 1000 within the next two weeks. Like the bags available for Ninja but understand the Suzuki has more power. What bags, if any, are available for the Suzuki? The difference can't be that much so comfort would be a major consideration. I'm good with a "Parts Bin" bike since I am the original owner of a '97 Bandit 1200s and love it.

Is anyone making risers for the Suzuki? I would love something an 1 1/2 higher and 1 inch or so closer to rider. Is the sound on a slip on that much different than stock since its that exhaust box under the bike that muffles most of the sound?

Any comments/advice is welcome.:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would hardly call it a parts bin bike, more new parts than old, including the frame, wheels, pistons etc.

Two different bikes you are comparing there, probably easier to compare it with the Z1000 rather than a ninja.

I had the GSXR 750 K8 which I sold to buy this one. This is a much better bike in many ways. And I just don't just mean comfort.

As for risers. being tall I never needed them : - ))

All comes down to taste and what you want it for. Don't over think it, just go with the one that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling when you see it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you're coming from a 1200 bandit you won't be disappointed. I had a bandit before my GSXR 750 k8. I regard the GSXS1000 as the modern "bandit". The bike they call bandit today is just boring. I think risers and other things will become more common over time as the bike is just introduced to the US market.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts