GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't necessarily want to duplicate threads, but with all the talk on the new ECU or ECM that SUZUKI is now officially making available referred to in the "Suzuki is listening" thread, I am obviously very interested to know what the improvement feels like. Is the snatchy nature of the throttle gone, is the power and responsiveness of the bike still the same, is it better or more muted. And I am sure everyone wants to know the same. One or two guys have already given some positive feedback after having their new ECU/M fitted.

I am also getting a new one, but have not yet arrived.

So, if everyone that has been given an upgrade, fitted and tested, could please give there feedback here in a one place for everyone's benefit, since this issue was such a major concern on this forum to so many members ...............................

·
Registered
285 Posts
didn't see your post or would have posted here , started a new thread, New ECU fitted today.It will give you some answers .I think you will be happy with the new ECU cheers from Aussie

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I had my new ECM fitted a few days ago. Took about 5 to 6 weeks for it to arrive. It is definitely a vast improvement from the previous one. That jerky nature at low revs almost all gone. I can actually cruise in slow traffic in 2nd and slowly accelerate without having to use the clutch to smooth it out as I needed to do before. Bike also still pulls the same as before. Really much happier with it now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just rang the dealer & mine is on it's way. He said suzuki rejected the claim the first time but after a second call it was accepted. I think they were trying to claim it as a recall on the first call.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys first time posting just in regard to the new ECU i am in Queensland Australia did you organised it through your local Suzuki dealer or Suzuki Australia? Cheers

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hey guys first time posting just in regard to the new ECU i am in Queensland Australia did you organised it through your local Suzuki dealer or Suzuki Australia? Cheers

I havnt had mine done but only through your local dealer as Suzuki Australia wil point you straight to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts