GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the parts I used. I had a hard time getting all the part numbers so I hope this will make it easier for others. It has a brake sensor. No modifications needed. Clutch switch works perfectly as well.

clutch lever: Brembo 110.B012.95

master cylinder: Brembo 19rcs 110.A263.10

reservoir: Rizoma universal next CT127B

bracket: rizoma CT451B

tube: 6mm BREM19637126

lines: HEL abs HBF7012

Edit: also running Vesrah Xx pads

·
Registered
328 Posts
well done !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mate
Job well done
Have you noticed any improvement in feel or activation of the brake
Cheers
Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have immensely. Now it’s like cutting bread with a super sharp knife. Where before with the stock is was like cutting with the back of that knife. I use 18mm on the street and 20mm on the track. Suzuki is known for putting very weak master cylinders on their bikes. Don’t know why.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I honestly felt like I was grabbing mashed potatoes from time to time at the track. No feedback at all when heat went up.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I honestly felt like I was grabbing mashed potatoes from time to time at the track. No feedback at all when heat went up.
Mine felt the same but I did my HEL lines before i installed the Brembo RCS19 and although the MC was a big improvement I felt there was more improvement from the lines than the MC

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I have been told is that even with all the modifications the ABS is the only last culprit which screws up feel.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I found the stock brakes very good. Perfect for what the bike is designed for.
I don't see why you would replace them. As for the comment on Suzuki having inferior master cylinders. I had a 2007 Gixxer 750 with STD master cylinder and standard brakes. On the track it outbraked EVERYTHING on the track. It's the best brake set up I ever had! I had some very high end Ducatis, other so called best Brembo set ups and Kawasaki Ninja H2 with "high" end brakes ect but my old Gixxer (as far as brakes are concerned) were superior in actual braking performance - go figure!. In fact they were the Tokico brand from memory. Needless to say the calipers and master cylinder were completely overhauled and like new even though the bike itself was older.
To me thats the secret, keeping them 100% and maintaining them gives you the performance.
These bikes have sensational brakes for what it is...and in my opinion very adequate.
Jeffro 👍

·
Registered
180 Posts
Decent pads and braided hoses make a massive difference, two finger braking can now initiate a front wheel lock with very little effort.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Decent pads and braided hoses make a massive difference, two finger braking can now initiate a front wheel lock with very little effort.
I replaced pads (EBC HH) , lines (HEL) and Master cylinder (Brembo 19 RCS) and they all made a difference but the pads gave the biggest improvement folleed by the lines and the MC the least improvement

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I went with Core lines, EBC HH pads and new “Braking” rotors, stock MC. Brakes are fantastic now, huge improvement over stock. I agree with PPaul, just the HH pads make a huge difference.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HEL or any aftermarket braided lines make a huge difference. Not at first maybe. Not if you don’t track the bike in heat. But over time the stock brake lines soften up and thats when you’ll feel a big difference even cruising around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are the parts I used. I had a hard time getting all the part numbers so I hope this will make it easier for others. It has a brake sensor. No modifications needed. Clutch switch works perfectly as well.

clutch lever: Brembo 110.B012.95

master cylinder: Brembo 19rcs 110.A263.10

reservoir: Rizoma universal next CT127B

bracket: rizoma CT451B

tube: 6mm BREM19637126

lines: HEL abs HBF7012

Edit: also running Vesrah Xx pads
Hi, thanks for the detailed post. I'm in the process of upgrading my brakes on my 2017 GSX-S1000F (abs). On the faired bikes, the stock master cylinder is clamped down by a bracket that holds a mirror. I commute quite a bit to and from Philly and enjoy having those crappy looking mirrors - they work! How would everything clamp? Would I need a separate bracket? Also, how messy is the HEL install? I'm reasonably good with tools, but have never added brake lines, let alone to an ABS bike. Should I just have my shop do it?

Lastly, is the bleeding procedure identical to how one would normally bleed the brakes?

Once again, thanks for the detailed post, it was very helpful!

I'm sorting my suspension as well (Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartridges up front, Penske double clicker shock). I'll post some pics, info and my thoughts once I get everything done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts