GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have people been doing with there brakes?? Looking to change pads in the front, hopefully can get a bit more initial bite. They seem quite spongy as they are and you really have to squeeze them to pull up in a hurry. Recommend brake pads or braided lines ??

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have ebc hh sintered pads in mine. They've made a big difference to initial bite and overall braking performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I changed my levers to puig ones and they are now really spongy. Hel lines on order and sbs sintered race pads waiting to go on the abs hel lines are very expensive, so I hope they make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got EBC HH and replaced the MC by one from a 2011 Ninja 1000 ( more for look, remote reservoir, than anything else)
Pads do make a big difference

·
Registered
90 Posts
HH pads are great for the street and sporty riding. I use vesrah pads on my track/race bikes. I will most likely use a Vesrah RJL on the gsxs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Vesrah RJL (x100) Best pads out there hands down. Vesrah has been a long time Suzuki racing partner. Have used RJL's on every bike I have owned. Outstanding initial bite, no warm up time needed, long life. No downside.
Are good for street and track use. Have felt a much bigger improvement from these pads than stainless lines. Although stainless lines are a great upgrade to complete the package.

·
Registered
328 Posts
abm lines , sbs pads

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the info.. I don't know if I can get vesrah pads here my dealer didn't mention them. I rang my local suzuki today and they said they do lots of EBC HH pads, Can also swap to brembo pads for a little more but will have to order them as they don't keep them stocked. Anyone tried the brembos ??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Vesrah RJL, Carbon Lorraine XBK, Performance Friction, Ferodo.

The Vesrah pads cost lots of $$$. SJRL pads are great for racing. RJL great for street and track.

CL pads are best bang for your buck pads. The XBKs are street and some track the CL60s are race only.

Heard good things about the PFC pads.

And I've heard both good and bad with Ferodo pads.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have tried various pads over the years (Vesrah RJL and SRJL, HRC hard bites, Carbon Loraine CL60s, EBC HH,...) and the best pads I have tried are Zcoo. They are not very well known outside of Japan but those who use them loudly proclaim them to be the best, and for good reason. They are not cheap but work in all conditions and have outstanding power and feedback, wear well and are not too hard on rotors.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have tried various pads over the years (Vesrah RJL and SRJL, HRC hard bites, Carbon Loraine CL60s, EBC HH,...) and the best pads I have tried are Zcoo. They are not very well known outside of Japan but those who use them loudly proclaim them to be the best, and for good reason. They are not cheap but work in all conditions and have outstanding power and feedback, wear well and are not too hard on rotors.
If my guess is right. I think someone has just escaped from the VTR Forum:laugh:
Is that Mikstr from Montreal? Are you in the Market for a GSXS?

·
Registered
101 Posts
indeed it is, lol While I have no plans to part with my VTR (incredible bike!), I am keeping my options open for the next one, and the GSX-S is a definite possibility.....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Nice to have you on board!:laugh:
Whilst I might be slightly bias, I'd say go and try one. I'm loving mine! The high revs are a little weird to get used to after being on a twin for so long but they are silky smooth by comparison. Don't be put off by all the constant throttle biitching. Once the TPS is set up (if it even needs to be set up, hopefully they will have got it right in the pre inspection before the bike goes out) it's a pretty nice ride. Enough power to still scare yourself but docile if you just fancy a pootle around town.
Go on, it's Xmas. Spoil yourself;)
Oh and you will need a change of brake pads. I've just remembered your set up and although the Suzuki may have "Brembo" printed on them, they ain't much cop as standard.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Downgrading brakes

What have people been doing with there brakes?? Looking to change pads in the front, hopefully can get a bit more initial bite. They seem quite spongy as they are and you really have to squeeze them to pull up in a hurry. Recommend brake pads or braided lines ??
Just had to downgrade my brakes, my EBC HH pads had worn out and couldn't get new ones in time. Put the originals back on - HORRIBLE - sponginess was back, no bite

Put the the new EBC HH on yesterday, bck to good brakes again.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just had to downgrade my brakes, my EBC HH pads had worn out and couldn't get new ones in time. Put the originals back on - HORRIBLE - sponginess was back, no bite

Put the the new EBC HH on yesterday, bck to good brakes again.

Now I know what brakes to plan for. Would they be good on the track as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 59 Posts