GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been happy with my new GSXS1000 but I have improved its performance and as time, money and efforts allow me I'll have a much better bike when I'm done with some things that I want change on this bike.

1-) Decat Mid Pipe $70.00 (Done)
2-) Universal Slip-On $70.00 (Done)
3-) Mid Link Pipe $40.00 (Done)
4-) Dano"s ECU Flash $200.00 (Done)
5-) K-Tech RCU Razor-R Rear Shock $875.00 (Pending)
6-) Corbin Seat $650.00 (Pending)

Total = $1905.00

I guess for under $2K I'll have much better performance.
What other upgrades or modifications have you done to your new GSXS1000? Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Your list look complete, to me. Others will probably add items. But after your list, IMHO the next mods involve getting into the engine. At that point, the question of if it is worth it comes up.

EDIT: Another post just reminded me, for safety, maybe a brake light modulator. Healtech and vizi-tec are two makers.

·
Registered
2016 GSXS1000
197 Posts
Good pads front & rear!!!
Best mod you can do besides braided lines.

edit:
Foot in mouth--- Tires are right up there too with the pads & lines.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Stainless brake lines and better pads. Brakes are great now for me, crazy strong with little effort!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Stainless brake lines and better pads. Brakes are great now for me, crazy strong with little effort!
Dunno, never noticed much of a difference from braided.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have non ABS. Made a big difference at the lever, better pads made a big difference too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pads, I can see. But never noticed much difference on my Bandits. Both non ABS. I guess goes to show, YMMV.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been happy with my new GSXS1000 but I have improved its performance and as time, money and efforts allow me I'll have a much better bike when I'm done with some things that I want change on this bike.

1-) Decat Mid Pipe $70.00 (Done)
2-) Universal Slip-On $70.00 (Done)
3-) Mid Link Pipe $40.00 (Done)
4-) Dano"s ECU Flash $200.00 (Done)
5-) K-Tech RCU Razor-R Rear Shock $875.00 (Pending)
6-) Corbin Seat $650.00 (Pending)

Total = $1905.00

I guess for under $2K I'll have much better performance.
What other upgrades or modifications have you done to your new GSXS1000? Thanks.
Full maxton suspension upgrade front and rear ,brembo master cylinder and clutch lever SBS sintered pads ,EBC rotors front and rear , full titanium bolt's kit , full Yoshi system , Dyno run remapped fueling sorted , K&N filter , pair valve removal ,02 sensor eliminator and lots of cosmetic bits carbon hugger and mudguard . It never stops 😉

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dunno, never noticed much of a difference from braided.
You will if you go on track , you don't get brake fade as when brake fluid gets hot from hard braking the rubber expands so brake fades ,it doesn't happen with braided hoses . If you on the road it's not very noticeable.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You will if you go on track , you don't get brake fade as when brake fluid gets hot from hard braking the rubber expands so brake fades ,it doesn't happen with braided hoses . If you on the road it's not very noticeable.
Makes sense.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just got EBC HH pads. I think the pads make the biggest difference. People say there are much better pads out there, and I’m sure they are right. But the EBC HH pads have always served me well, and are a fairly inexpensive option. I’ve always had great luck with them! I currently have five bikes with them installed on.

·
Registered
217 Posts
  • SBS fual carbon brake pads (game changer)
  • Wilbers 641 Nightline Rear Suspension (game chnager)
  • Heated Grips (Game changer)
  • Sprint Air Filter & Removed the Air box Baffle while placing wire mesh over the air inlet holes
  • Boosterplug (Game changer) pisses on a Power Commander & eliminates need for ECU Flashing
  • Mid-Pipe (semi-decat) eliminates 6kg removing that ugly turkey tray
  • Stock exhaust but drilled out the baffle (legitimately sounds like an R1 with an Akropovic)
  • Aliant Lithium battery (4kg weight saving)
  • 16tooth front sprocket (rapid acceleration)
  • Pirelli Angel GT2 Tyres (Game changer)
  • handlebars
  • Bar end mirrors
  • ASV Shorties (don't like them)

YET TO CHANGE
  • Gonna change the headlight setup for a custom project build
  • 1 tooth up on the rear sprocket
  • Steel Braided Brake Lines (Spiegler)
  • Spiegler Brake & Clutch levers
  • Clutch upgrade
  • Galfer Brake Disc upgrade
  • Fairing changes
  • RK chain Swap
  • Brake reservoir Upgrade
  • Hurleys Custom Seat upgrade (check out his Instagram - Finest seats I've seen for very reasonable prices & totally customisable YOUR DESIGN & COMFORT LEVEL)
The biggest difference in in terms of performance so far is the rear shock but the cheapest & most noticeable are the brake pads particularly the rear as it makes the rear actually usable.

Heated grips are heated grips so if you ride all year & can't cough up £170 for heated gloves the grips are essential

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice I noticed the brake pads make a huge difference (I've just disabled the ABS too as they interfere too much with the braking) for sure

i rode 2 different Triumph street triple rs this year (amazing machines - the build quality 👌🏾) & the brakes are so good & I'm sure it's because of the braided lines

take it you recommend them then?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Full maxton suspension upgrade front and rear ,brembo master cylinder and clutch lever SBS sintered pads ,EBC rotors front and rear , full titanium bolt's kit , full Yoshi system , Dyno run remapped fueling sorted , K&N filter , pair valve removal ,02 sensor eliminator and lots of cosmetic bits carbon hugger and mudguard . It never stops 😉
how much of a difference do the rotors make?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice I noticed the brake pads make a huge difference (I've just disabled the ABS too as they interfere too much with the braking) for sure

i rode 2 different Triumph street triple rs this year (amazing machines - the build quality 👌🏾) & the brakes are so good & I'm sure it's because of the braided lines

take it you recommend them then?
Yes I do!

·
Registered
161 Posts
£170 for heated gloves
^ +1 heated gloves
Lithium batteries are amazingly light. Have used on the Bandit, even in winter, they seem to work sufficiently well as to be a viable option even in winter, down to about 20 deg F. Which is when the heated gloves are awesome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts