GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a down payment on a GSXS 1000 GT w my local dealer in October, and have not heard a word since. Contact them a couple times they say they have no info. Has anyone in the US gotten confirmation that their GT is on order?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I’m in Canada and was at my Suzuki dealer yesterday. They have heard nothing from Suzuki in regards to the GT or any other model.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
They are probably all stuck on a boat off the coast of CA. 🤣

·
Registered
418 Posts
I’m in Canada and was at my Suzuki dealer yesterday. They have heard nothing from Suzuki in regards to the GT or any other model.
You need a new dealer....lol...I ordered mine Sept 22.....My order has been a confirmed by Suzuki Canada for quite some time now.
I am the first in line in British Columbia....maybe Canada. I have always been told "Mid Winter to early Spring".
But was told a few weeks ago it could be sooner. My dealer sells a lot of Suzuki's and talks to the president of Suzuki Canada frequently....the president even asked my buddy "what kind of guy ordered the GT"? He sent him a picture of my Suzuki filled garage. LOL

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yeah, they told me pretty early on I had confirmation and I chose a date time frame, I said I want it as close to spring as I can order. (plus I am hoping rebates pop up) even though I know they wont. still wishful. but im clearing debt right now anyway. by march I should be debt free, so I can pull a nice loan to go back into debt over. hooray

·
Registered
596 Posts
No confirmation on mine, but I’ve been to dealer 3 different times since initial order date Oct 28. Today they did contact the local suzuki rep and it has been ordered. Bad news is it won’t be here in the January delivery date initially given but at earliest February.

·
Registered
596 Posts
No confirmation on mine, but I’ve been to dealer 3 different times since initial order date Oct 28. Today they did contact the local suzuki rep and it has been ordered. Bad news is it won’t be here in the January delivery date initially given but at earliest February.

Stupid phone posted twice

·
Registered
342 Posts
You need a new dealer....lol...I ordered mine Sept 22.....My order has been a confirmed by Suzuki Canada for quite some time now.
I am the first in line in British Columbia....maybe Canada. I have always been told "Mid Winter to early Spring".
But was told a few weeks ago it could be sooner. My dealer sells a lot of Suzuki's and talks to the president of Suzuki Canada frequently....the president even asked my buddy "what kind of guy ordered the GT"? He sent him a picture of my Suzuki filled garage. LOL
Thanks Trevor. Bad news though. I speak Japanese and spoke to the president personally. I advised him you were a good guy, but seeing he named his first son after me I expected my GT before you got yours. Mine will be here next week. 😜🥳

·
Registered
403 Posts
I called about 8 different dealers in southern ontario a few weeks ago and not a single one of them knew when they were getting them in. A few told me "probably spring" but couldn't be more specific than that. Some had never even heard of the bike and thought I was asking about the gixxer. I didn't ask about the option of putting a down payment to reserve the bike, but none of them offered that option.

I recall the same thing happening in 2015 when I was calling the dealers asking about when the 2016 GSX-S1000F would be in.

I am starting to think I'll probably just buy a 2022 Ninja 1000 if I can't get this bike by about May at the latest.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I called about 8 different dealers in southern ontario a few weeks ago and not a single one of them knew when they were getting them in. A few told me "probably spring" but couldn't be more specific than that. Some had never even heard of the bike and thought I was asking about the gixxer. I didn't ask about the option of putting a down payment to reserve the bike, but none of them offered that option.

I recall the same thing happening in 2015 when I was calling the dealers asking about when the 2016 GSX-S1000F would be in.

I am starting to think I'll probably just buy a 2022 Ninja 1000 if I can't get this bike by about May at the latest.
I don't anyone knows specifically when they will get them....mid winter early spring has been the message.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I only ordered mine now full price because I can assume msrp on all bikes and cars over next year or two are going to get raised for inflation. Used bike values aren’t dropping either, so went in early, got a 500 msrp discount off the bike and another + 250 militsry discount.

my gt + order - I chopped off all my personal info. Car msrp’s are already getting bumped up in USA. Large increase to msrp

ignore the 2021. He said that’s just how the placeholder paperwork shows as it’s still 2021
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
403 Posts
$14950 USD = $19200 CAD which is exactly what the GT+ model should cost in Canada (17k + tax). Are you saying you paid $23,000 for yours?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Your stuff is fancier than mine. He did get confirmation my order was allocated, not sure when I get paperwork for vin and such.
He said the new paperwork/vin all gets entered once they receive it at warehouse and they get it prepped.

Eitherway I intend to keep this bikefor atleast 10 years. I hope I really love it, I loved my gsxs fully, but doing 100% highway, the wind really Beat me down quickly. This should be the direct fix to that

1 - 20 of 144 Posts