GSXS 1000 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I watched this, at 12.58 and in the 29 min mark shows the heated grips, if you turn CC to auto generate "English" it will translate a lot of the video. but it has real good video quality.

at 10.35 he pops off the case, takes him 2 seconds.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I watched this, at 12.58 and in the 29 min mark shows the heated grips, if you turn CC to auto generate "English" it will translate a lot of the video. but it has real good video quality.

at 10.35 he pops off the case, takes him 2 seconds.

Good find and thanks for posting it! For me the bike looks great with the bags off too.

·
Registered
347 Posts
im buying the trim that comes on the GT not +. I will simply install the hooks + bags each time I use the bags, id rather the clean gt look 99% of time. except for like one road trip a year.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Do you have to uninstall the sidecase hooks in order to put that trim on? I thought it was just a cover that snaps or screws into place over the hooks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Do you have to uninstall the sidecase hooks in order to put that trim on? I thought it was just a cover that snaps or screws into place over the hooks.
that was my thought, now I think, the hole piece comes off the frame. I am THIKING. that from the inside, there is probably bolts, prob 2 or 4 of them, on each side. that you can prob unscrew.

or

when you pull the suitcases off, I think I see some heads of bolts, remove those couple bolts, and then you'd prob have slots, that you can snap the other trim into.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Found the video!

if you zoom in, you see 4 bolts exterior in a side shot. I think if you remove all 4 of those bolts, on each side. I bet, there is probably slots/female slots and the new trim piece prob snaps into the exposed surface. I really think this is the method.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll probably just keep the hooks on all the time then. If you frequently screw and unscrew something you can wear it out. I guess it's not an issue if you only do it once a year. You'd probably need to use loctite too, don't want your sidecase falling off while riding.

·
Registered
347 Posts
We will see. never had an issue myself as long as doesnt get cross threaded though id like to think, atleast the few times I do it. even if I do it 50 times total in its life.

·
Registered
347 Posts
this video shows a lot of info/review.
turn on the CC/words, and hit auto generate English.

he does wheelies, burnouts, takes the cases on and off, gives his opinion of it as a touring and sports.-- also sounds like he has experience with previous generation gsxs1000 as he mentions the comparisons between them soetmimes.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks...I forget your first name...but I really appreciate you doing some heavy lifting on info on this bike.
ha thats my gf's fb. she just lets me log on there and use Facebook marketplace or do my little Facebook groups.
My names Donald. This research is mainly for me, but im sharing everything I find, but that review, is honestly one of the best reviews ive found. was surprisingly shocked, I found 1-2 more other Korean videos, but....... the translations.... awful. like, it would say vagina, and other weird words for no reason. Its either the translations terrible, or something messed up the subtitles as a joke.

·
Registered
347 Posts
but with that said, the more reviews I see, the more I solidified the resolve to keep my order. oh, but I do read about complaints about the my spin app, I wont be using it, you have to keep your lock screen open the entire time if I read it correctly, or if you close the app, the app takes off the screen.

doesnt matter to me though, I use sena and it goes straight to my phone, and I have a phone mount that goes right to center of handlebar, it'll charge seamlessly, had the set up on my old gsxs 1k using ram mount. if I read it correctly you'd have to set your Lock Screen to "never" to not turn off. not sure, I may check it out, but isnt a big deal. I was perfectly happy with my current set up, dont need to connect to the screen/pair phone to make me happy.

maybe it'll get better in time, I dont know if Suzuki can update the functionality just from the app on phone. but again, thats the only negative ive taken from the reviews. I have a scion, they had a scion app called bespoke, it died within a year and never worked anymore, meh whatever. never used it anyway.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am surprised we aren't seeing more english language reviews by now. We know the bike is in the UK because of all those reviews from Scotland a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am surprised we aren't seeing more english language reviews by now. We know the bike is in the UK because of all those reviews from Scotland a few weeks ago.
agreed. I did see one last night though hold on, its in French, but the translation CC thing is flawless with French vs Korean. good pic quality.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am not sure though if anyone actually "owns" one, other than the test riders. think the only ones in the wild are demos/sales advertisement bikes?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am not sure though if anyone actually "owns" one, other than the test riders. think the only ones in the wild are demos/sales advertisement bikes?
Donald, I think the facebook group you and I are on will have the first actual owner of this bike...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Donald, I think the facebook group you and I are on will have the first actual owner of this bike...
From what I read, there really isnt many people interested in the pre order of this bike. I hope im incorrect, but even with my 18 gsxs 1000. I never SAW a single naked gsxs1000 in the entire 3 years I had it. I only saw 1-2 gsxs1000 F's that frequented a motorcycle place I went too.

this may sell terribly honestly. dealerships when I bought gsxs1000 yers ago said, why buy a gsxs 1k when you can get the gsxr instead? dont surprise me that dealerships would steer gsxs purchasers towards an gsxr.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts