GSXS 1000 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
From what I read, there really isnt many people interested in the pre order of this bike. I hope im incorrect, but even with my 18 gsxs 1000. I never SAW a single naked gsxs1000 in the entire 3 years I had it. I only saw 1-2 gsxs1000 F's that frequented a motorcycle place I went too.

this may sell terribly honestly. dealerships when I bought gsxs1000 yers ago said, why buy a gsxs 1k when you can get the gsxr instead? dont surprise me that dealerships would steer gsxs purchasers towards an gsxr.
I disagree, respectfully. I think it will be a good seller...traditionally bikes that don't dell well...like the F have no real purpose...the F i loved....but and it's a big but...I had to spend lots of money to make it want I wanted to use it for...and that was sport touring....the GT has everything I want right from the show room floor...Most guys don't want to buy a bike and then have to spend $4000 to upgrade it to suit their needs.
You all can laugh at me later if I'm wrong...but I'm predicting a big resurgence in the "Sport Tourer" market. And Suzuki GT will be one of if not the best selling one in the category.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I disagree, respectfully. I think it will be a good seller...traditionally bikes that don't dell well...like the F have no real purpose...the F i loved....but and it's a big but...I had to spend lots of money to make it want I wanted to use it for...and that was sport touring....the GT has everything I want right from the show room floor...Most guys don't want to buy a bike and then have to spend $4000 to upgrade it to suit their needs.
You all can laugh at me later if I'm wrong...but I'm predicting a big resurgence in the "Sport Tourer" market. And Suzuki GT will be one of if not the best selling one in the category.
I hope so, I would like to run into another owner of the bike I own again. A lot of people on several places was all "im ordering" then as more details came out, "im backing out, doesnt have IMU, or me and my gf is larger so rear seat isnt big enough" etc. lots of misc comments that originally was a buy, to passing.

I personally loved my gsxs 1k. just started to resent no wind protection really. but this should be perfect for me. very excited. I may be the first owner in ohio. I told them the soonest they can get it, is the soonest I will pick it up, because I ordered march originally, but now that I heard it was pushed back, I told them to get it asap as I dont want to be waiting into summer now

·
Registered
423 Posts
I hope so, I would like to run into another owner of the bike I own again. A lot of people on several places was all "im ordering" then as more details came out, "im backing out, doesnt have IMU, or me and my gf is larger so rear seat isnt big enough" etc. lots of misc comments that originally was a buy, to passing.

I personally loved my gsxs 1k. just started to resent no wind protection really. but this should be perfect for me. very excited. I may be the first owner in ohio. I told them the soonest they can get it, is the soonest I will pick it up, because I ordered march originally, but now that I heard it was pushed back, I told them to get it asap as I dont want to be waiting into summer now
Well if you want to "run into" a fellow owner, you are welcome to come visit me on beautiful Vancouver Island anytime! :)
In May I'm planning on riding my GT to Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California and back up the coast home. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well if you want to "run into" a fellow owner, you are welcome to come visit me on beautiful Vancouver Island anytime! :)
In May I'm planning on riding my GT to Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California and back up the coast home. :)
I drove through Vancouver I believe, I drove from Alaska to ohio 6 years ago, talk about a LONG drive. was fun though. got to see and meet people.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well this bike's closest competitor, the Ninja 1000, is not a good seller so I doubt this one will be. Though I hear the Ninja 1000 sells well in Europe. Seems like most Americans/Canadians prefer Harleys, those who like to tour prefer Goldwings or adventure touring bikes like Vstroms and BMW GS's, and the younger guys like supersports or naked bikes.

Personally I don't mind if it doesn't sell well, I'd actually prefer having a rarer bike. Makes me feel special. :)

Anyways, I'm planning on taking a trip to Nova Scotia this summer on my new GT. :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well this bike's closest competitor, the Ninja 1000, is not a good seller so I doubt this one will be. Though I hear the Ninja 1000 sells well in Europe. Seems like most Americans/Canadians prefer Harleys, those who like to tour prefer Goldwings or adventure touring bikes like Vstroms and BMW GS's, and the younger guys like supersports or naked bikes.

Personally I don't mind if it doesn't sell well, I'd actually prefer having a rarer bike. Makes me feel special. :)

Anyways, I'm planning on taking a trip to Nova Scotia this summer on my new GT. :D
I worry about replacement parts however. and if it gets totaled one day, assuming in unharmed, if I like it, I would hope theres an improved replacement.

but I always wish to hope the company I support succeeds newer models. but yeah my gsxs 1k was rare to me, none in 3 years of riding

·
Registered
347 Posts
in ohio/midwest 90% of bikes are easily Harleys. no doubt about that, we have a place called Rip Rap roadhouse, its 10 minutes from me, (THE FOOD IS AMAZING!) I used to frequent a lot, but then covid, and the city shut them down pretty much, (not actually shut down) but wasn't letting them host or advertise any events, wasn't letting them have bands, wasn't letting them serve alcohol for awhile, because they said they was spreading covid etc.

but I hope it picks up this year, it used to be 5 bucks, got you a good meal, burger, etc, they'd have live bands, bonfires, 3 separate grilling stations and actual kitchen (my gf used to work there) she would come home every bike night with 500 minimum. granted, a bunch of Harley dudes hitting on her, whatever. They even have an ice cream shack in the back with **** good ice cream. guy bought this place and turned it into a legit stop/hangout.

I enjoy it thoroughly. (downfall) a lot of these dumbasses get tanked and wreck their bikes in ditches leaving etc, everywhere. many deaths. but that isnt the bars fault. there are sport bike groups that come in, and everyones treated great and equally, but yeah 90% Harleys all day.

If anyone ever visits ohio/dayton, check it out. the food is dynamite. used to be reasonable, probably little pricy now due to inflation, but its still worth a trip.

check out the food pics! its delicious

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

this whole field fills up, every single inch of it at its peak hours/days of summer. used to anyway,

Plant Natural landscape Natural environment Land lot Urban design

Product Vehicle Plant Wheel Tire

·
Registered
423 Posts

Well I will tell you I feel pretty “special” on my K1300R...LOL especially when I ride it in the USA.. they didn’t even get the bike. 🙂
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
347 Posts
Do you have to uninstall the sidecase hooks in order to put that trim on? I thought it was just a cover that snaps or screws into place over the hooks.
I found a pic of the subframe. you can see the 4 bolt holes where the frame where the hook mounts attach too.- the top and bottom on those up and down rectangles. theres a large center hole between them though, I wonder if the aesthetic cover snaps into the middle holes? I doubt the little bracket on the inner compartment box (the little 3 hole recntalge ) would hold it, I bet thats for a fairing or something.

whatcha guys think? how do you suppose the non bag trim mounts to this.

edit. the 3 hole section between those 2 brackets is most certainly for the passenger grab handles. just dawned on me. which means, theres no way for you to bolt from the inside out for the trim pieces.

the trim piece must snap into the center hole of each mount bracket, and the upper and lower hole is dedicated for the bolts for the bag holder bracket .

Tool Automotive exterior Bicycle part Auto part Font

heres the side with the 4 exposed bolts for the bag hooks .
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
347 Posts
If anyone wanted to see exactly how they latch and unlatch, this video shows it, and the brackets that supports it below the pegs. looks like just 2 bolts holding the little support under arm, and theres an lock/unlock button thats accessible once you use the key function to remove the handle kinda deal.

about 30 seconds from here

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks for that. I think I'm just gonna not bother with the non-bag trim, even though I expect to ride without the bags most of the time. In my opinion the hooks are fairly inconspicuous and blend in well with the tail section, they don't detract from the sleek look of the bike the way racks do.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I agree that setup is not much different than my Yamaha Tracer 900 GT the way the bags attach. I ride a lot with not side bags on the Tracer and do not even notice the bag hooks or foot peg mount piece.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone know if the GT can hold side bags and a top box? The ninja 1000sx is one or the other, they don't recommend having a top box and their oem side panniers. If the GT can do both it'll be a huge advantage.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Sky

Does anyone know if the GT can hold side bags and a top box? The ninja 1000sx is one or the other, they don't recommend having a top box and their oem side panniers. If the GT can do both it'll be a huge advantage.
Not sure it wouldn’t but my plan is to use my bmw top bag that I used on my F bike quite a few times this past summer
Tire Wheel Jeans Vehicle Helmet

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure it wouldn’t but my plan is to use my bmw top bag that I used on my F bike quite a few times this past summer
I assume that's why they put the subframe on it to hold more weight. The ninja doesn't have that kind of a bar around the tail I think. Makes it a tough decision.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts