GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in the US heard anything new from their dealer? I know of the supposed September (Naked) and October (Fairy...I mean fairing) dates. I spoke to my dealer last week and they had no information at all.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Has anyone in the US heard anything new from their dealer? I know of the supposed September (Naked) and October (Fairy...I mean fairing) dates. I spoke to my dealer last week and they had no information at all.
Nope. They know nothing. They tell me they never now what's coming until it shows up. I can't wait for my fairy,,, I mean fairing model.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am waiting impatiently too! My dealer knows nothing as well...:crying:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. They know nothing. They tell me they never now what's coming until it shows up. I can't wait for my fairy,,, I mean fairing model.
That's weird, you'd think if they're gonna be here in a month then they would be on order already. I'm surprised they aren't trying to take deposits on them before they arrive. Fairing or not these bikes just need to get here!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm kinda worried though, I went to my local Suzuki dealership and they told me that the bike might not be California approved because the GSX-S750 isn't for sale here, which would piss me **** off. I sincerely hope he's wrong

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not terribly worried about the California issue. On Suzukicycles.com it clearly marks that the GSX S750 is not available in CA. Nowhere does it say anything for the GSX S1000. At least thats what I hope. Otherwise I'm screwed too

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm not terribly worried about the California issue. On Suzukicycles.com it clearly marks that the GSX S750 is not available in CA. Nowhere does it say anything for the GSX S1000. At least thats what I hope. Otherwise I'm screwed too
What is with that place? You see so many bike not available there and so many products labeled "legal in 49 states." F**ked up if you ask me.

·
Registered
593 Posts
For vehicles that can't be sold in CA, what stops you from buying in a different state and then using in CA?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm kinda worried though, I went to my local Suzuki dealership and they told me that the bike might not be California approved because the GSX-S750 isn't for sale here, which would piss me **** off. I sincerely hope he's wrong
Hope you guys do get the GSX-S and FA models, they are both worth the wait. Although we have ours now in the UK it took a while. I test rode the GSX-S demo bike in May, placed an order straight away, but my bike didn't arrive at my Suzuki dealership until mid July. It was then held there for a further 2 weeks because of a recall for a cooling hose issue and no parts were available to fix the fault!

Got her now though, and I can tell you it's one of the best bikes I've ever owned and I've had a few.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For vehicles that can't be sold in CA, what stops you from buying in a different state and then using in CA?
CA DMV doesn't let you register a vehicle you bought out of state unless it has at least 7,500 miles. I think to pull off buying a new bike out of state and using it here, you would need an out of state address to register it. Too many hoops to jump through but like I said, Suzuki website makes no mention on not selling the 1000 in CA. Only the 750

·
Registered
216 Posts
Actually you can buy a new motorcycle out of state if it's 50 state legal if not then it has to have at least 7500 miles on it before you can register it here in Cali. My gf works for the CA DMV, the 7500 mile rule only applies to 49 state legal vehicles

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Southern California Motorcycles in Brea got a grey one too. I'm going to try and go down there Tuesday to sit on it, still going to wait for the blue though

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice looking bike Russ69, when did you get it and do you live in Cali? Is the paint a matte Gray or does it have a glossy finish?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts