GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,i need your kind help.
I buyed used GSXS1000 2015 ABS,all seems to be normal for month,no error code,while i installed annitori quick shifter and accosato clutch lever,the bike wont start.fuel pump not pumping.no cranking.
i thought it was the cluctch switch,i double check connector but nothing wrong.as i dont have any service manual and wiring diagram and no service center arround so i have to fix by myself.

When open the tape i found this soldered from previous unknown owner

Hood Automotive lighting Circuit component Vehicle Motor vehicle

and i found this unplug at the connector on wire harness,where it suppose to connect?
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

and another modify soldered on this connector
Hand Electrician Finger Tool Electrical wiring

please help,thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 f
431 Posts
might sound simplistic but have you checked all fuses, is your stand cut out plugged in, the clutch micro switch actually getting triggered by the new clutch lever ?, im seeing alot of bare wires , were they in that state or have you removed insulation, bared wiring under the tank could short and blow a fuse, inspect the main fuse by the starter relay, those little spade fuses can look intact, check current is getting across the terminals in the fuse box, the little two pin plug doesnt do anything if im remembering correctly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i checked all fuse including main fuses,its all ok.yes,i unwrapped the tape to find another soldered connection and that what i found as pics.will do check for stand switch.new clutch switch works.
i dont understand what previous owner trying to do by connecting green wire to black.
do you know where clear plug to? (pic 2)
Thank you

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you don't connect the quick shifter to the battery it won't start. Unless you use the annitori plug that comes with the quick shifter. If it was normally working and after you installed the qs is now failing, i would start there. Just make sure it is installed properly and that it is connected to the battery. A green light shows up when the qs is working as it should.

If you don't see a green light in the qs and instead it shows a red light, it will crank but won't start, unless as i said above you use the annitori plug to disactivate it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you don't connect the quick shifter to the battery it won't start. Unless you use the annitori plug that comes with the quick shifter. If it was normally working and after you installed the qs is now failing, i would start there. Just make sure it is installed properly and that it is connected to the battery. A green light shows up when the qs is working as it should.

If you don't see a green light in the qs and instead it shows a red light, it will crank but won't start, unless as i said above you use the annitori plug to disactivate it.
Hi DMV
Thanks for you kind reply,the problem start when i installed accosato clutch lever,i check the switch and work fine.for sure i installed quick shifter with battery attach.green neutral light lit up.but no pumping on fuel pump.no crank at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i tried to take quick shifter off,check for side stand and clutch switch (normal).but the bike wont start,not even fuel pump.really dont know what to do.even cant put to dealer mode.
Rocketz,
the 2 pin connector with B/W and W/G wires is a switched power take off. It is difficult to identify the others. If you can take a few pictures of the other connectors from different views, I'll try to id them and let you know what they are.
Rich

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi guys,

after i put everything as it was and not making any wiring change.i take off all connector and spray contact cleaner on it.
i found the gray/brown connector which connect right switch holder a bit loose and try to push more.and its work now.
Thank you for your kind help all,specially Fanuc.

i still dont understand,why previous owner make wiring modify just like i sent the pics.it still a mystery for me.thank you =)

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,140 Posts
hi guys,

after i put everything as it was and not making any wiring change.i take off all connector and spray contact cleaner on it.
i found the gray/brown connector which connect right switch holder a bit loose and try to push more.and its work now.
Thank you for your kind help all,specially Fanuc.

i still dont understand,why previous owner make wiring modify just like i sent the pics.it still a mystery for me.thank you =)
Glad you are sorted enjoy the ride. (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts