GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the tail tidy from vagabond - went on pretty easily after reviewing the video.

Honestly though I hesitated at first because the F model actually looks better with a longer rear deck to balance the longer fairings but the tail tidy shortens it.

The tail tidy looks much better on the naked bikes. Just me or anyone else think so?

I guess it'll grow on me.. Any better looking tail tidy for F?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Btw if youre installing the same tail tidy the video omits a step to put some heavy grease to hold the 4 bolts in place while you hold and bolt the entire thing up along with the wires. I didnt grease it at first and one of the spacer dropped, rolled along the wheel and landed on top of the chain behind the guard. Took me a long time to find it.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have an F and would not put a tail tidy on it, It really doesn't look that much better to me on this bike, but even if it did, I wouldn't put one on because of functionality. I ride enough on wet roads that I don't want crap thrown all over my back, tail light, shock, etc. A tidy tails look nice on most naked bikes, but I don't think it improves the look of the F and for functionality it sucks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an F and would not put a tail tidy on it, It really doesn't look that much better to me on this bike, but even if it did, I wouldn't put one on because of functionality. I ride enough on wet roads that I don't want crap thrown all over my back, tail light, shock, etc. A tidy tails look nice on most naked bikes, but I don't think it improves the look of the F and for functionality it sucks.
This almost look like a setup post so LEAVEITSTOCK can follow and like it, lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you need glasses? The stock tail is the most hideous piece of plastic! :nerd:
Much more hideous, obvious and obscene even, on the naked. It looks like a penis hanging out the back.
On the F, with it makes the head look big.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
This almost look like a setup post so LEAVEITSTOCK can follow and like it, lol.
It's really just my opinion. I put a tidy tail on my last bike and really didn't like it, even though it was a naked and looked much better. I've done my share of mods and upgrades ... just not a tidy tail on the F.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Here's what I did...

And this was someone else's idea from this board although I can't remember whom. But, I cut the bottom piece off the original fender and attached it to my license plate as pictured. I thought it looked pretty slick and it added a decent amount of protection from spray and debris etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
And this was someone else's idea from this board although I can't remember whom. But, I cut the bottom piece off the original fender and attached it to my license plate as pictured. I thought it looked pretty slick and it added a decent amount of protection from spray and debris etc.
I did that on my last bike too. I didn't do squat. Have you actually used it in the rain? Most of the spray has already launched before it can be shielded by that piece.

·
Registered
828 Posts
No, I don't ride in the rain. But before I put that on there I used to get some debris on my back or rear seat. After that, much less. YMMV.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts