GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a quick question. I live in MI. So this is the first week of hot weather we have had all year. With that being said I have noticed that when I ride to work and party my bike in the parking lot or in the sun and heat all day that one of the vent tubes down by my side stand spits up something that looks a little like oil but smells like a mix of both gas and oil. Anybody else had this experience? I've attached a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first that's what I thought too was maybe I over filled the tank cuz it only happened on super hot days so I thought the gas expansion was pushing out some overflow but today when it happened I made note of my mileage and I have about 3/4 of a tank. It doesn't seem to be affecting the bike in any way and it never happens in cooler weather.

·
Registered
244 Posts
fuel gases expand when getting heated by sun, pressurises tank, pushes fumes out vent pipe, if some condenses it will slightly drip off tube

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's where my thoughts were at too. I appreciate you guys taking the time to reinforce my guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Front sprocket old / extra grease + street gunk. Had the same after servicing the chain. Check from next to the stand looking under the bike... Youll see some on the belly pan lower fairing piece as well. Nightmare to remove. Q tips with wd40 worked best

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have two other bikes that’ll do this no matter how much fuel in the tank. They are a second gen SV650S and an SV1000S- both Suzuki’s. They have always done that in hot sun. My GSXs1000 will do it in the hot sun when there is a lot of fuel in the tank.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Front sprocket old / extra grease + street gunk. Had the same after servicing the chain. Check from next to the stand looking under the bike... Youll see some on the belly pan lower fairing piece as well. Nightmare to remove. Q tips with wd40 worked best
if you look at the pic, the drops are way forward of the sprocket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts