GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2022 gsxs gt+
26 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Not bad, but the good thing about the Ventura system is that you can simply remove the rack via thumb screws when not using it & only the side rails stay in place...You can also fit a grab handle to the rails if you choose...

· Registered
2022 gsxs gt+
26 Posts
In all my years or riding. I’ve never heard of Ventura. And they have a USA office. I like how you can swap the rear bag behind the rear seat so a passenger can ride or over the rear seat to keep the weight more centrally located

might get this
Automotive mirror Automotive lighting Automotive side-view mirror Automotive exterior Bicycle part

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have used them for decades & 10s of thousands of km's, the bags are well made & fairly waterproof, but i have never been a fan of the look of any top box. They make me feel like they are something a Volvo driver would own, lol, but that is my hangup, not yours ! 😀 Most of the Ventura stuff is an easy fit and i am curious to see if anyone has fitted one to a GT yet ? You can also hang on to them & transfer between bikes because the rack itself has hinges which swing back & forth to fit any of the side rails...So you only have to buy new side rails when switching between bikes...I also use the grab handle when i am not using the bag...

Attachments

· Registered
592 Posts
In my opinion it looks ugly, like something that belongs on a scooter. It would be a shame to ruin the look of a sleek sport bike with that. I don't know anything about the quality of it, but from a purely aesthetic perspective I hate it.

The hepco becker one looks a lot better, at least in the pictures, it sort of blends in with the rest of the bike.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You dont sound like you are in two minds, lol...Personaly, i think the Hepco Becker mini rack looks far more messy & complicated than the Ventura...I also prefer not to have a rack on the bike at all when i am not using it + a lot of owners do not utilize the grab rail, so "as in the pics above" you only end up with a black rail each side of the bike & a less obtrusive look from the back, which is ok imo...No luggage rack ever looks good on a bike & the Ventura is usually quite easy to remove completely if you dont want it on the bike at all when not using it (depending on the bike model) but i do think Kawasaki have got their act together with the Ninja 1000SX because the factory panniers just snap into the passenger grab handles...Much better design than Suzuki !

· Registered
592 Posts
The ability to remove it and reinstall it quickly is definitely a big advantage. I could tolerate an ugly rack if it removes from the bike easily leaving very little hardware remaining on the bike. Might be a good way to carry a rotopax container for my remote rides.

· Registered
35 Posts
I had a Ventura on a Ducati 916 and it was I had no complaints at all when it came to functionality. I rarely needed the luggage and wasn't a fan of the rails being on there when not in use, so I would remove the rails.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts