GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently ride a FZ-07 with a touring screen but with the cooler/cold weather find it doesn't offer adequate wind protection. Yeah, I know, I could dress more warmly but I'm looking to move to a bike with more wind/body protection so I'm considering these two bikes. I'll only take trips occasionally; bike will be used more for riding 20-50 miles at a time. On the trips, I'll only use a large tail bag strapped to the back so I don't need/want side bags. I realize these bikes are completely different but they should be more stable at highway speeds with their higher weight(FZ-07 ~400 lbs). I don't need the hp but like the looks of the S1000F so practicality is not the only reason I'm leaning toward it vs the Versys. Which one do you guys think? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Ultimately you need to make the choice. Both bikes will get about the same fuel economy but the 1000F will be a lot more fun (in my opinion). The Versys is just a heavier 650 which is going to feel exactly like the FZ-07, it might even feel underpowered compared to the FZ-07.

I traded in my FZ-07 for the naked S1000 and the bike is unbelievably more stable at higher speeds than the 07. I'm sure the 1000F has much more wind protection than even the naked at high speeds (but it's MUCH, MUCH slower than the naked [not really]).

The Versys will be much cheaper than a GSXS, but the fun factor and usability of power anywhere in the revs on the GSXS makes it an awesome machine in any riding condition.

You've come to the GSXS Forums, of course we'll tell you to get the GSXS.

Reactions: vnuh

·
Registered
974 Posts
The Versys will be much cheaper than a GSXS, but the fun factor and usability of power anywhere in the revs on the GSXS makes it an awesome machine in any riding condition.

You've come to the GSXS Forums, of course we'll tell you to get the GSXS.

Well said

If I want protection from the cold I ride my Vstrom but it has no fun factor in comparison but is way warmer to ride, my gsxs1000f yes does has a fairing and a screen but I ride it on warmer days as the protection is minimal and maybe a touring screen may help though if that's what your after

·
Registered
152 Posts
Get the F "touring" comes with large touring screen no wind blast at all :) and tank bag and tail luggage + luke warm heated grips, I presume you mean the 1000cc Versys which is currently on offer at £8799 in the UK Kawasaki Versys 1000
The GSXS-F will be more exciting

·
Registered
451 Posts
That versys is a great bike. If your just driving around, and want comfort, its as comfortable and maybe even more so, than my concours 14. If my father was asking, Id guide him to the versys. Especially if he was packing on a lot of touring miles. He would also enjoy the storage from the bags that come with it.

But if you are after sport riding, its not even a fair comparison. The suzuki is way better for this. Kawasakis ninja 1000 falls somewhere in between.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts