GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am the proud new owner of a 2018 GSX-S1000Z.. I have only ridden dirt bikes as a teenager (now 37).. I have never ridden a street bike.. So I did what MANY call crazy.. I bought a 1000 as my first bike. I have been riding for 2.5 days now.. I love it. I did have one scary moment around a curve.. but I believe the Traction Control saved me. Other than that.. no issues. I have put 300 miles on the bike in those 2.5 days.. there will be a few more today.. 馃槉馃憤

Attachments

Registered
My first bike was a 1972 Kawasaki Triple 750 H2, fastest bike back then. Hopefully you will use your head until you are fully confident on the bike. And remember, on the street your 2 worst enemies are water or sand on the road in a curve.

I gotta know .... did your dog end up peeing on the tire?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.
No pee on tire. It's a girl.. 馃槅
Love my jacket. Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion. The helmet is HJC IS-17.. I had to order a chin curtain. It's getting cold.

Registered
Hey Jay, can't even imagine going from dirt bikes as a kid to no bike to the GSX-S1000Z! Wow. Welcome to the deep end of the pool. As someone else said, they only go as fast as you make them go. Good judgement is your friend. You did it right though - ABS and Traction Control are 'must haves' on modern liter bikes. They up your odds of many more years of happy riding. It sounds like you are doing a great job of racking up some miles before the 'real' winter weather arrives; good on ya! Safe and fun riding to you.
Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts