GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i saw this system

http://racetaylormade.com/product/2012-2015-suzuki-gsxr-1000-exhaust-kit

this is not for the GSXS 1000 and i dont think it will fit without major modifications

i think i will look into trying to find/adapt/make a slip on that looks like this for the standard exhaust on the gsxs 1000. I am not fussed about extra power and don't want it to be super loud over and above the stock system (ie police magnet) But it looks so nice i can just picture this on the GSXS1000

now all i need is for my cars to stop costing me money Grrr.

Thanks for pointing out the link problem this is now fixed my bad

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The link is missing the first part of the address.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ah, Taylor Made, they are **** sexy. I remember drooling over the CB1000R version that they tempted us all with, but never put into production.

As most of the silencer is under the bike, I reckon a talented fabricator could make an end piece and shield to pretty much replicate the look without changing the noise too much. Just wish I knew someone that could give it a go!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, Taylor Made, they are **** sexy. I remember drooling over the CB1000R version that they tempted us all with, but never put into production.

As most of the silencer is under the bike, I reckon a talented fabricator could make an end piece and shield to pretty much replicate the look without changing the noise too much. Just wish I knew someone that could give it a go!
i will prob give it a go in the future but this would be a winter project at the end of this year.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not bad

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had one on my k9 pre racefit its still in a box in the loft of my garage i had a look earlier and it would fit if I got creative it looks and sounds epic but it does mess with the power I lost 11hp on my gixxer even with a custom map so I fitted the racefit and got it set up and the difference is night and day ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
One of the british mags, FastBikes (maybe) tested one of their systems on the 2009 cbr1000rr. It was down on power. Using the TM map, the bike lost around 12hp, although I think that may have been based on a comparison to an Arrow slip-on.

Beautiful pieces, for sure, but I believe they are more for looks vs real performance. In a way, who cares. They are beautiful.

·
Registered
515 Posts
One of the british mags, FastBikes (maybe) tested one of their systems on the 2009 cbr1000rr. It was down on power. Using the TM map, the bike lost around 12hp, although I think that may have been based on a comparison to an Arrow slip-on.

Beautiful pieces, for sure, but I believe they are more for looks vs real performance. In a way, who cares. They are beautiful.
No beauty without function my friend. Some pay $1500 for 5-10 HP. To lose 12 HP is not even slightly acceptable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts