GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Never tried cruising at 5-6k in 4th to long and I would be under acceleration at them revs and would change to 5th or 6th

·
Registered
475 Posts
My bike is quite viby around that rpm in any gear, it's definitely not the smoothest engine, nowhere near a z1000

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like to be in the meat of the power all the time and that's the meat of it right there on the highway for me...Have the ability to twist and get up and go pretty quickly...Try it on the highway sometime and let me know...If literally puts your butt to sleep...Not cool...So youre saying the Kawi is a much smoother ride?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I like to be in the meat of the power all the time and that's the meat of it right there on the highway for me...Have the ability to twist and get up and go pretty quickly...Try it on the highway sometime and let me know...If literally puts your butt to sleep...Not cool...So youre saying the Kawi is a much smoother ride?
It's a smoother engine but not ride.

I was split between the two, the Z is a seriously nice bike but it has its flaws. Ride is very hard, seat hard, small framed, stiff clutch 2015 model (fixed on 2016 model), rubbish rear brake.

For me I have an old left hand injury so I could not buy anything but the 2016 model which ment it was £1500 more expensive new, i hate twin exhaust and at the end of the day the gsx is better overall imo which is why I bought it but.... I was really hoping my bike being a may 2016 model the throttle would be smoother and it's not its just as sh*t as the 2015 I test rode. Gutted tbh, kinda makes me wish I'd gone with the Z

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check the torque on the motor mounts. The handlebar is mounted on solid triple tree without a bolt with rubber mount like on some other bikes to help quell vibration. To help eliminate some of the vibes, i replaced my bar end weight used on the hayabusa or GSX1250 bandit 10 or 12 OZ. It doesnt totally eliminate the problem it does help. I also used gel pro grip.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Check the torque on the motor mounts. The handlebar is mounted on solid triple tree without a bolt with rubber mount like on some other bikes to help quell vibration. To help eliminate some of the vibes, i replaced my bar end weight used on the hayabusa or GSX1250 bandit 10 or 12 OZ. It doesnt totally eliminate the problem it does help. I also used gel pro grip.
It's not really that bad through the bars although I can still feel it, you can feel it more on your legs as you grip the frame/tank, feet and through the seat.
I would check but I currently don't have a manual so no idea what they are

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's not really that bad through the bars although I can still feel it, you can feel it more on your legs as you grip the frame/tank, feet and through the seat.
I would check but I currently don't have a manual so no idea what they are

i notice it as well. especially when im on throttle hard. try being a bit more smooth on the throttle...works for me anyways

·
Registered
305 Posts
Way less, silky smooth engine. Makes the gsx look like an old lawn mower.
Interesting.
Recent bike reviews comparing exactly those models reports that the Zed is a vibrator and the Gixxus "silky smooth".
Is everyhing now these days just subjective "feel"? Just like the "snatchy" throttle?
>:D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Never tried cruising at 5-6k in 4th to long and I would be under acceleration at them revs and would change to 5th or 6th
Cruising in any other gear than top (6th) is *not* cruising.
If you "race" on public roads you will not need anything else than 1st (legal speed) if the "meat of the power" is your thing :D

Edit:
This bike kicks butt in top gear acceleration runs (40-60, 60-80).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had compared my GSX-F to a friend who has 2015 Fzed 1k we swapped bikes to see which one is smoother and the GSX-S way smoother then the Zed. His conclusion was the same.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I fail to see how anyone could come to that conclusion tbh.
Like I said above I'm talking about the engine not the suspension/seat, the gsx wins hands down on the ride smoothness.

I've owned
Skyjet 125 2007
Cbr600f 1999
Cbr600rr 2006
Cbr1000rr 2007
R6 1999

I've test rode
s1000r 2015
Z1000 2015 & 2016
Mt09 2015
Mt10 2016
Gsxs1000 2x 2015 & 1x 2016

None of them vibrated or bucked like a raging bull like the gsx s.
Yes I'm on a gsx forum and most people aren't gonna like my conclusion but that's how it is.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Then you didn't have a 2015 model then did you? They revised the ecu

2014 ..it sucked hard and I don't miss it
Are we talking about fuelling or vibrations here?
My gixxes fuelling is perfect,the suspension is miles ahead but I have some vibrations(rattle) on my handlebar at 6k rpm
Is there anyway to fix that?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Mine was quite viby when it was new.
It would certainly make your A$$ tingle if you were giving it welly.
Don't know if my backside is less sensitive now or the bike is just more ran in.
It's not like it now. Maybe you just need to get a few miles on it:laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts