GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hmmm, i have never noticed any vibrations or heard anyone else mention it and mine is smooth as smooth.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Not had any issue with vibration through the bars even on long journeys.
I would check the 4 clamp bolts though because one of mine wasn't tight when I first got it home.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is the same I just guessed I was getting used to the bike after being on a Harley for the last 5 years. I'm away at the moment but I will be checking everything I can when I get back. My right hand was numb after about 1 hour.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Mine is the same I just guessed I was getting used to the bike after being on a Harley for the last 5 years. I'm away at the moment but I will be checking everything I can when I get back. My right hand was numb after about 1 hour.
I used to suffer with numb right hand on most bikes, the best fix for me I found was riding with my wrist down.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You're gripping too tight... once you get used to the bike, and relax a bit, it'll go away.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If everything is tight , then try adjusting your shock..... you will be suprised how much difference it can make ...

·
Registered
46 Posts
You're gripping too tight... once you get used to the bike, and relax a bit, it'll go away.
You're probably correct mate. The throttle is very different to my Harley. I've only done 800klms so far with being away. It would explain why it's only my right hand. Need to relax more.:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi guys and girls,
Has anyone made any adjustments/alterations to reduce vibration through the renthal fat bars?

Cheers
I've not noticed any vibration, if it persists put the original mirrors and bar end weights back on, The bar end weights are a major factor in the amount of vibration thru the handlebars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts