GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, had my gsx s1000f for over 12mths done 2k miles so far, really love the bike, however this weekend on a long run with my wife as pillion found that it has really bad buzzing/vibration at around 80mph, not noticed this as much before but not done that much on motorway, has anyone else noticed this, I’ve got to say even though I don’t do much on motorway this is really concerning me I couldn’t do more than about an hour with this vibes. :crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine was doing something similar at higher RPM. I can't really remember. I think it was the clutch adjustment on the bar. It was buzzing so ****ing loud I thought the bike was going to explode. (See attached)

Get it up to like 6 to 8k in like 2 or third gear and listen for it coming from there. I don't remember what I did. I think I just pressed it tigher against the dial.

If that doesn't seem to do anything contact your dealer asap. I can't say if they will have any extra good will but you never know.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
and me, also heavy clutch, after some miles there is a fuelling issue with this bike, decided to trade it in for a mt10, still was a great bike, forum, ur man Paul is a star, never met the geezer but no-one should ever doubt his integrity

adios amigos, some sounds 4 u

if any of u are down London way,
make sure u look me up

·
Registered
698 Posts
You serious? We'll certainly miss your quirky comments! :)

Enjoy the Yami, it's a nice machine. (although I think you're gonna miss the Suzi more than you think)

Don't be a stranger, come back and visit us once in a while.

·
Registered
411 Posts
and me, also heavy clutch, after some miles there is a fuelling issue with this bike, decided to trade it in for a mt10, still was a great bike, forum, ur man Paul is a star, never met the geezer but no-one should ever doubt his integrity

adios amigos, some sounds 4 u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVlSVkzbJDA

if any of u are down London way,
make sure u look me up
What do you think of the mt10? I was at one stage thinking of getting one but can't get past that
Front end:crying:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think mainly in foot pegs but also think some vibes through bars
Some swear by loading the bars up with BBs. Search the forum for "bar end weights" and you'll come across those who've dumped a healthy amount of ball bearings into the bars to kill the vibes.

As for the foot pegs - you'll search and find some have done a Buell foot peg mod. The Ulysses foot pegs had rubber pads that aid in killing vibes. You can also reach out to About KD Foot Pegs and see if they'll craft something for your GSXS (or use a Buell mold).

On the latter, maybe consider a different set of boots? Not sure what you're riding with but boots can sometimes aid in killing vibes.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I picked up a set of Puig Sport Footpegs with the rubber inserts and it made a noticeable difference. I hadn't really thought about or noticed the vibes before I installed them, then afterwards it hit me - no vibes to the feet. They are a little pricey (you have to purchase the adapter), but well made, adjustable, and very comfortable.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't have an issue with the Suzuki but my BMW S1000 XR was terrible, I filled the bars with dry sand and refitted the bar ends, cured it instantly.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I also have a buzz between 6 and 7krpms. I think our engine just reaches a resonant frequency (or "harmonic") at that rpm. I checked to make sure footpegs and mounts were tight, and they were. I ended up buying rubber topped footpegs from Ebay or Amazon for $12. Makes a difference and they are a little wider and more comfy than the stock aluminum pegs. Thy also have the lip at the end of the peg. Even if the pegs and my boots are wet my feet don't slip. They look good too, just like Suzuki factory rubber footpegs.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I also have a buzz between 6 and 7krpms. I think our engine just reaches a resonant frequency (or "harmonic") at that rpm. I checked to make sure footpegs and mounts were tight, and they were. I ended up buying rubber topped footpegs from Ebay or Amazon for $12. Makes a difference and they are a little wider and more comfy than the stock aluminum pegs. Thy also have the lip at the end of the peg. Even if the pegs and my boots are wet my feet don't slip. They look good too, just like Suzuki factory rubber footpegs.
Do you have a link to these?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also considered the MT 10 but prize did it for the Suz. Like Jeff I would love to hear your views on how the two compare. (Hoping to hear some howls of regret, though).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same problem with the seat and bars and footpegs buzzing, I did a throttle body sync and it took care of most of the buzzing, hope this helps

1 - 20 of 22 Posts