GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a problem with my GSXS1000F. I have started to feel vibrations from 4000 rpm. I feel them on the handlebars, seat, tank and feet. It had frame sliders mounted. I have disassembled them but the vibrations continue. I have tightened the chassis bolts to 55 NM. By mistake I remove the two rear bolts at the same time. I don't know if it's related to the problem.
THX

·
Registered
74 Posts
The engine is rigidly mounted to save weight. It's got a balance shaft, but still is no substitute for rubber mounts. There will be some buzzing at certain revolutions. Some people accept it, some don't like it. This is a sport bike not a tourer, after all.

....installing sliders should not make a difference if bolts were torqued to specs. You might try loosening everything and retorquing evenly.

If it bothers you so much; in other motorcycles like like Yamaha FZ1 owners found that loosening the engine bolts (a little), start engine and let it settle, then torqueing again, helps. But don't know if that would work on the the Suzzy,....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts