GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious to see how much the end can changed the sound and restricted the air flow and i was actually surprised and without it there was the nice deep louder but not too loud tone to it very noticeable with more air free flowing, it got too late for a test run but i will be some time this week and if it sounds good then I'll be fabricating some S/S tube to have the end pipe open and i think it will keep me satisfied for a while at no cost till i get a full system at a later date.

https://youtu.be/lGhEDptJzHI

·
Registered
593 Posts
Satin black sash cut tail piece with original heat shields powder coated to match.... It's looking good in my mind, may just have to try to make it a reality!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love it...if I find someone able to realize it>:D

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love it...if I find someone able to realize it>:D
Yep that looks awesome.

I removed my slip on and took it for a test ride and it was louder and slightly deeper but not a great deal of difference, my concern was though that the bike ran a little less smooth and surged slightly, not too bad but noticeable and a lean bike running leaner is not ideal as there will be an increase in engine temperature, probably nothing to be concerned of but as its summer here with some hot days riding I'll think about my next step for now.
Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts