GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had a bit of a laugh when I first saw the pics and just think why?
Who needs a big heavy crap box like this I would rather a 200hp 120kg machine.
Rocket would be the appropriate name ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is this a situation where you guys weren't aware of the Rocket? I have a friend who is on Rocket number 2, and they're a blast to ride, and fast as ****.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest, I like the way it looks, and I'm impressed that they have reduced the weight, and maybe it's a good "Sunday go to the park" bike, but really? Does anyone who can afford one bike and rides it regularly want that behemoth as their regular bike? Kudos to those who do. You are real men, who don't need Harley's. ;) For a while I wanted a Honda Valk (not the Rune) after having ridden my Magna for a number of years, but, as fortune would have it, I never bought one (came very close though). Glad I slipped into the GSX-S side of things.

Wet weight (lbs): Valk=721, Rocket=797, GSX-S100F=471

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had a Diavel and it was a blast to ride. Wet weight only about 525 pounds so much more lithe than the subject porker.

The troublesome keyless ignition and high maintenance costs were a turn off though.

Regarding the Rocket, I wonder how much fuel that 2.5 liter engine uses and what it’s range is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If i lived in an area with low traffic and long stretches of road, it would be a nice option. That's a lot of torque and let's be honest no one here has felt that kind of power with that engines delivery.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 50 hp moto guzzi w with reasons different to why i love my gsxs. I think i could definitely enjoy the rocket too, even as a daily. If it has 2 wheels i dig it. 🙂

·
Registered
890 Posts
I did a demo day at the Triumph dealership here in Dallas back in like 2007. I rode the new Tiger, the S3, the Trophy, a Ducati 696 and the Rocket III. Sitting on it blipping the throttle, with the engine mounted as it does, you can feel the torque as it tries to twist the bike under you. I got separated from the group at the stop light just before the highway. When I hit the entrance ramp, thinking "It's just a cruiser" I slammed open the throttle. Between the pull and the wind on my chest, by the time I got it back under control I was well over 100mph. I think I peed my pants a little. Cruisers aren't for me but thanks to demo days I've tried quite a few and that's one of two (Valkarie also) that I'd park in my garage if I had the space and money. It'd never be my only bike, but honestly, as much as I love it, the GSX-S1000 wouldn't be my only bike either.

Also, if the bike doesn't have enough power, there's these guys who can get you big numbers naturally aspirated for $$$.
https://carpenterracing.com/sbp_TRIII.htm

Or you can go forced induction, which I hear is lots of fun with these.

·
Registered
370 Posts
There is a market for these types of bikes Bmw , Honda make models like this. I sat on the BMW model and the thing felt like a tank on 2 wheels.... Not my style

1 - 17 of 17 Posts