GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't imagine anyone thinking this bike isn't fast enough.
True, but you do adapt very fast. This is just insane though. Torque at 3500rpm as about the same as peak torque in the 1000...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
nah just drop 2 teeth at front and add 6 to rear and have 205 hp geared to a top speed of 60mph , not very practical but dam it you would get there fast yee haa

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's the new benchmark. Full stop. 205hp...150,000 torques, custom Ohlins...all in an uderstated stock-looking package. MY desire is red hot for that bike.

If anyone on here starts on about "too much power" or "why would you", they should be banned immediately, made to sell their bike, and, ask their wives to store their balls in their purse where they belong. They are not men.

If I could afford it, it would already be sitting in my garage. On the bright side, I have the impressive little brother to tame the demons inside me.>:D

·
Registered
305 Posts
If anyone on here starts on about "too much power" or "why would you", they should be banned immediately, made to sell their bike, and, ask their wives to store their balls in their purse where they belong. They are not men.
:laugh:

So true.

The only "problem" here is the price.
OK, this may be "The ****" regarding quality parts, but hey!
It costs *more* than for example the TTS compressor kit (more power) and a stageII+ turbo kit (now we're taking 300++ HP).

·
Registered
328 Posts
From the 'Busa perspective, very different beasts. The thought of 1200cc with that torque and horespower without the weight of a 'Busa or BKing... Now that gets me all excited. The kind of beast that makes you tingle before you even start the engine.

It would be like an old school Lamborghini Diablo - Every time you walk up to it you say to yourself "Is this the day this beast bites me?" Or so I've heard.

Not sure what would be more expensive though - tyres, fuel or undies?

Holy ****. For the price you might as well just pick up a 2007-2008 ZX14 or Busa.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Holy ****. For the price you might as well just pick up a 2007-2008 ZX14 or Busa.

But it would be more fun pulling up at the lights next to a busa or zx14 and giving them a rev letting them think they will blow you away on your 145hp street sport upright only then keeping up with them all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
But it would be more fun pulling up at the lights next to a busa or zx14 and giving them a rev letting them think they will blow you away on your 145hp street sport upright only then keeping up with them all the way

They'd probably still win. Longer wheelbase + extra weight = more usable power. Plus their gears are much longer than ours. I'm shifting into 3rd nearing 4th when my buddy on his ZX14 is getting out of 1st at about 115mph.

Our short wheel base can barely handle the higher rpms now with TC off, lol. Only a matter of time before some walnut decides to stretch a GSXS. It's likely already been done, lol. But then it's a whole different story against the huge bore bikes.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This is a bespoke, hand-built hotrod. The price reflects both the engineering and exclusivity of the end product. You won't see many of these at the local cafe.

ANY idea that top speed drags have any relevance is missing the point, this is a back-roads killer of sports bikes and destroyer of stoplight competition. No other naked comes close.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Best comment I've read here.
It's the new benchmark. Full stop. 205hp...150,000 torques, custom Ohlins...all in an uderstated stock-looking package. MY desire is red hot for that bike.

If I could afford it, it would already be sitting in my garage. On the bright side, I have the impressive little brother to tame the demons inside me.>:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
i dont find this particularly exciting. its basically a 1300cc engine that gives around 200+ bhp. i believe the weight of the bike has also been increased in the process.

now give me those figures in the same 1000cc and i would be the one having the widest grin on my face for sure.

id consider upgarding the header and valves to titanium so the bike revs higher, there by increasing hp speed and torque. new ecu mapping, and titanium exhaust to increase power and lessen weight of the bike. changing the rims to lighter magnesium ones

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Guy's,
This Bike Me story has the spec sheet down at the bottom:

"PCV Power Commander RRP$540
PTR Custom ECU reflash using Woolich Racing software RRP$275

<snipped>
PTR Custom Remap on Dyno. RRP
$390"

With the jerky throttle threads, the options were best with a ECU re flash, then a second choice, the PCV.
I see this Custom Bike has both.

If the PTR Crew has all the talent to dyno and produce a new custom ECU map (like Don Guhl of the USA Fame), why the PCV used as well?
Just makes me wonder out loud, out of curiosity.

Rob.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If the PTR Crew has all the talent to dyno and produce a new custom ECU map (like Don Guhl of the USA Fame), why the PCV used as well?
Just makes me wonder out loud, out of curiosity.

Rob.

It may be partly for the quick shifter

·
Registered
71 Posts
"If anyone on here starts on about "too much power" or "why would you", they should be banned immediately, made to sell their bike, and, ask their wives to store their balls in their purse where they belong. They are not men."

The problem here is that, with 205hp, you would be expected to beat anything on the road- easy in a straight line, but where I ride- an SV650, ridden well, would probably beat an R1M ridden badly. Its all about the rider.

90% of people cant use 100hp, let alone 145/161 whatever this bike has ( the jurys still out on that one )

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
CtrlU....what makes you think the weight has increased significantly?

If you look at the dyno sheets the 1200 already revs 1000rpm more than the standard bike

Why would higher reving without changing cams increase torque?

This 1200cc conversion is all about usable available power and.torque, howe often on the road do you hit the current redline?

I don't understand why it has a PCV if it has a reflash, there is nothing a PCV does that you could not do on a reflash

1 - 20 of 33 Posts