GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**** as title what do you have, I put up another thread saying swap for mine but I don’t mind buying if price is right.

Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just fitted decat headers so have a full stock exhaust. What you changing from and why?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the original headers with valve and a decat pipe, I’m changing because I find it too loud so want to switch back to stock

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read other thread but thought easier keep replies on one, I’m from Manchester, I’m going to put my slip on on the exhaust so wouldn’t need the muffler just the headers complete. Let me check if I got pics

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am in the same position (almost) my last GSXS had a decat keeping the exh valve but on my current bike I decided to try the Lextec headers.
Fitted them (stock end can) and they totally screwed up my fuelling and were way too loud. I had the bike remapped and the fuelling is spot on, the noise has reduced but it still drones on too much for me when cruising. have considered refitting my stock exhaust but want to ditch the cat and turkey tray muffler and map the exh valve to stay fairly closed for quieter cruise (say 6000 rpm and below 30% throttle)
Lets chat, I am Stafford so we could sort a swap!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wicked yeh that can be done, so straight swap your oem headers For my decatted headers? Can you pm me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts