GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I've not been on a bike for around 15 years, last bike I had was a kwak ninga 600 (S reg) I got to the age of 50 and I'm wanting to get into bikes again, I had been looking at getting a triple but after seeing the gsxs 1000 have had a change of heart .

I'm just concerned if the gsxs is ok for a myself seeing that I have been away from biking for 15 + years. I'm wanting a comfy bike for me and the girlfriend to go on decent runs to the coast etc. Can anyone give me advice as to whether the Suzuki is a good choice for a novice such as myself. I understand the massive power of the suzy but my moto is that any bike is only as fast as you want it to be

Regards Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just turned the big 50 this year to. had a ducati996 for 13 years ,which was to hard on the wrists and hands these days. I just bought a GSXS1000 and LOVE it . The seating position is great with the renthal fatbars and it is so easy to ride . Like you said , bikes go as fast as the rider makes them go :-]

·
Registered
204 Posts
My dad is 62 years old. He borrowed my GSX-S for what was supposed to be a quick trip into town but ended up that he stole my bike for 3 hours and he loved every min. Admittedly he did get back into bikes earlier this year (after 19 years) when he brought my old GSR600 however he was happy with the gsx-s both from the fact its not to crazy to handle and also from the comfort / weight vibrations etc. that older folks / those of us with prior injuries need to consider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the posts think I'll have to go and book myself a test run cheers and I was also thinking that the missus could be sat on the front of the renthals as a mascot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts