GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
The bike must have been trying to do the world a service and help natural selection along, even at the cost of pain to itself. I applaud it!

Or maybe it was just unhappy that it wasn't a blue one? :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
You can hear the throttle is stuck open once it's on its side, not sure if that's what made him crash or the result of the crash though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Even in the worst case scenario (stuck throttle)...for God sake, there is a clutch on the left handlebar and a huge red button on the right one ...
I'm feeling very sorry for the bike, but have no mercy for that idiot who has ruined such a bike! :|

·
Registered
98 Posts
There's a cruise control and probably other throttle tube mods.
Love his first comment, where's the road.
Hope he's ok and gets some training.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I remember reading somewhere that our bike detects when it's fallen, and automatically shuts down the engine? Or maybe I read that about a different bike, I can't remember.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I think I remember reading somewhere that our bike detects when it's fallen, and automatically shuts down the engine? Or maybe I read that about a different bike, I can't remember.
yep your right my SV1000 has a tip over sensor... He's one was malfunctioning by the looks of it...!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nothing wrong with that bike. He panics and keeps the throttle on, forgets to brake and falls off. I bet his legs were flapping around as this happened too! Look at some of his other videos. He falls off at a set of lights when a car stops on red and blames the car. He's a newbie who needs training and experience.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Untrained yes.
Cornering rule No1 "start wide finish tight".
Other Youtube vid by same, accelerates then panic brakes and falls, all after an orange light
and blames the car in front.
Needs a husky with abs.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Nice set of panniers fitted, and a round bar end mirror too.

I suspect target fixation set in, and the people having that gap between the house and the fence helped, but the drop off at the fence line got him in the end.
Being rural NZ, there is always the real fear that a Ram Sheep butted him in the rear as he was turning?

Rob.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts