GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2023 GSX S1000
2 Posts
I personally don't place a huge amount of stock in what journalists of any magazine write, I got a Suzuki due to its good reputation in the biking community as a whole more than anything else. However, it is still nice to see attention being paid to a quality product, and hopefully it'll mean I'll see more Suzukis on the streets from now on

·
Registered
64 Posts
2022 Motorcycle of the year!

Its pretty much the same bike as the 2016 model (same engine/gearbox, frame/swingarm etc.) which motorcycle journalists have been dissing in recent years. Looks like a colored TFT and some electronics are all you need to make it at the very top.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't get it. The new GT is pretty much the same as the old bike (as in engine/frame etc.) exc

Its pretty much the same bike as the 2016 model (same engine/gearbox, frame/swingarm etc.) which motorcycle journalists have been dissing in recent years. Looks like a colored TFT and some electronics are all you need to make it at the very top.
I hear Ya, But I believe it's more than that, it may share some of the same things, But as a whole it's not anything close to the 2016. From updates in the engine to revised fork valving, subframe etc. Don't forget the quick shifter and new switches. Sure, some of the leftover stuff is found in it. But look at the overall picture. And The segment it is aimed at.
Just my take on it....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don't forget about the F's snatchy throttle (even though it was improved in later years, still nowhere near as butter smooth as the GT's throttle from what they say). Also, the F's appearance didn't exactly have the greatest of fans either.
Even though the bones are largely the same, pretty much everything around them is new, and that makes for quite a different experience.

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
221 Posts
Noooo now more poeple will buy them then mine won't be as unique. Hopefully they discontinue the triton blue next year and never make it again, so I can feel extra special with mine. :D
My 2019 Flat Black w/blue accent is the only year it was made. So it's pretty unique, along with the 2018 Flat Black W/Red accent. But the Blue is better and faster!! hahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts