GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the exception of a Leo Vince slip-on, a fender eliminator and a Puig windscreen, I'm puttin' around STOCK (most of my riding is backroad). My 1st service showed everything was ok and I'm getting about 44 mpg. I wish the tank were a bit more than 3.2 gallons but other than that the bike works well. It has more power than I'll ever need so I guess that puts me in the 'Keep the Katana 'mostly stock camp'....PEACE RIDE SAFE...P.S. We still have air quality warnings from the forest fires but I know many members have their own problems tool
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
Is that the aftermath of a forest fire? o_O

Reactions: My Name Is Jeff

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always new those psychedelic drugs would catch up on me one day...馃く
Yup...that's me, a child of the 60s raised on LSD, oh well no one's perfect...actually I could only find a photo of the bike that had been 'Photoshopped' with plastic wrap...I'll look for the original photo...Hey, we finally got our 1st rain in a long dry spell. Hopefully it will help prevent/help put out the forest fires we've been having PEACE RIDE SAFE.

Registered
I wasn't aware the Katana only had a 3.2 gallon tank. That means if you do some performance modifications and get a tune or flash along with some spirited riding, you'd be stopping to fill up about every 1.5 hours or 90 miles. That's miserable. 馃槦

I've always wanted more fuel capacity on the GSX-S1000, but seeing what you guys have to deal with, I should be grateful Suzuki gave us 4.5 gallons to work with.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't aware the Katana only had a 3.2 gallon tank. That means if you do some performance modifications and get a tune or flash along with some spirited riding, you'd be stopping to fill up about every 1.5 hours or 90 miles. That's miserable. 馃槦

I've always wanted more fuel capacity on the GSX-S1000, but seeing what you guys have to deal with, I should be grateful Suzuki gave us 4.5 gallons to work with.
Yup...3.2 gallons is all there is...soooo at about 110 to 120 miles I'm stopping to empty my tank and fill up the Katana's...It was the seating and the position of the knees that were big selling points for me...and the price...PEACE RIDE SAFE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts