GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I catch the light at Southern Ave. next to a Subaru WRX. Perhaps my wheelying exit a few intersections back upset his sensitivities (c'mon, TC was on 1 0:)). As the light changes, I leave and hear him lay the wood to the turbo. Well, ok! I let him go. Then, boom! wind it to 8500-9000. Two gears catch him and the next two I sail by and watch him in the mirrors. I hit the brakes, wave, and take the on-ramp to the freeway. Woohoo!

What's the deal. About a week earlier I had a right-wing retiree in some kind of Corvette out in Sun City West want to pound it off. That only took three gears. Ha! So I'm wondering if the bike looks like a wiener bike to the uninformed. O well, we know different. But I haven't had this kind of fun in some time. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
So I catch the light at Southern Ave. next to a Subaru WRX. Perhaps my wheelying exit a few intersections back upset his sensitivities (c'mon, TC was on 1 0:)). As the light changes, I leave and hear him lay the wood to the turbo. Well, ok! I let him go. Then, boom! wind it to 8500-9000. Two gears catch him and the next two I sail by and watch him in the mirrors. I hit the brakes, wave, and take the on-ramp to the freeway. Woohoo!

What's the deal. About a week earlier I had a right-wing retiree in some kind of Corvette out in Sun City West want to pound it off. That only took three gears. Ha! So I'm wondering if the bike looks like a wiener bike to the uninformed. O well, we know different. But I haven't had this kind of fun in some time. :D
If you understand the simple concept of horsepower-to-weight ratio, it should not come as a surprise that the average Japanese or European motorcycle of 650 cc or larger will easily be quicker than most automobiles.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha - yeah baby. If you want to get high blood pressure, try riding an S-90 (my first bike) around in traffic. But if you want to cure it, take it to the track...however, I must be incurable as that's been long ago (and much more time consuming).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts