GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if u have seen post by me I have doen quite alot to my gsxs phantom, nearly almost everything has been tampered with in one way or another...
I was waiting on various parts to finish off my makeover.
And as above they have now arrived..
I already had my galespeed wheels waiting which I purchased at the beginning of the year, the sprocket I have had to have custom made due to galespeed using a different fitment size I.cpuld of gotten a galespeed sprocket but didn't like them so I had to get a afam blank and get b and c express to machine it to size and also anodised it, I had galfer discs on order again beginning of the year I waited 8 weeks and cancelled them as the didn't have a delivery date then I ordered some ebc V series discs there was a 5 week wait on these!...so sprocket has arrived and new.brake rotors...I have just came.offshore so once I get home I will fit all these plus I have sintered race pads for the front and sintered street pads for rear....quick change the tires over and fit the new wheels...and we done.....so I have attached a few piccys as everyone likes pictures and once it's all fitted up I will put up some new ones of the bike completed...

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Good for you! Nothing more fun than making your bike unique. I'm looking forward to see pics of your bike's transformation.(y)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sounds like a fun project!

I couldn't find much info on the Galespeed wheels. I found the website and a few models that "fit" the GSX-S1000, but I couldn't figure out how much lighter than stock these wheels are. Which model did you choose, and why? Do you have a link to specs?

Cheers!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a fun project!

I couldn't find much info on the Galespeed wheels. I found the website and a few models that "fit" the GSX-S1000, but I couldn't figure out how much lighter than stock these wheels are. Which model did you choose, and why? Do you have a link to specs?

Cheers!
Hi pal, I choose the GP1s just purely for the look I was gonna powdercoat standard rims but thought I would go down a different route. the others had too many spokes for me.
Here are the specs..

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is that the actual austin racing slip on or the ebay knock off? I was looking at the ebay model but it doesn't have that mount tab as yours does. Bike looks awesome!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that the actual austin racing slip on or the ebay knock off? I was looking at the ebay model but it doesn't have that mount tab as yours does. Bike looks awesome!
Thanks Redrider, it is a genuine Austin Racing can, they don't make them for the gsxs, so I bought a gsxr fitment can then found a guy to fabricate it to my yoshi headers, the mounting tab he made from the titanium heat shield that came with the AR exhaust can...guy done an excellent job and I was well pleased with the finished result...the thing is LOUD!...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really want to see how the bike looks with the new wheels installed.
Soon as I am home from offshore mate I will be jumping to it...I will get some pictures took....should look tidy with new discs etc..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So.....here it is......finito...new galespeed wheels EBC V series discs and custom sprocket made for galespeed as the fitment is different to atandard also sintered race pads on front and sintered street on rear...
No more mods now......

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Those look great! The wheels as a complete package with the new brake rotors, custom sprocket, and tires just look sexy. How was the weight compared to the factory wheels? Any differences in how the bike performs?

If you were in the States I'd buy your original wheels if you were willing to sell them. Don't particularly care for the color of mine and want black ones. I'll probably end up having to powdercoat mine because I'd rather not spend the money on aftermarket wheels right now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those look great! The wheels as a complete package with the new brake rotors, custom sprocket, and tires just look sexy. How was the weight compared to the factory wheels? Any differences in how the bike performs?

If you were in the States I'd buy your original wheels if you were willing to sell them. Don't particularly care for the color of mine and want black ones. I'll probably end up having to powdercoat mine because I'd rather not spend the money on aftermarket wheels right now.
thanks for the compliments pal yeah i am well pleased how its turned out, not sure on the weight as i didnt weigh them think i have the specs somewhere for the new wheels but there is a fair difference if i remember, the bike performance wise seems quite a bit better seems to be easier to put into a corner...wether its because i aint been on it for a while...just seems alot nicer in the corners,.
i was going to powder coat my standard ones as they are all chipped and a little tatty ...but after i seen these wheels i went with the galespeeds, only doing it once so that was my mind made up.

·
Registered
493 Posts
thanks for the compliments pal yeah i am well pleased how its turned out, not sure on the weight as i didnt weigh them think i have the specs somewhere for the new wheels but there is a fair difference if i remember, the bike performance wise seems quite a bit better seems to be easier to put into a corner...wether its because i aint been on it for a while...just seems alot nicer in the corners,.
i was going to powder coat my standard ones as they are all chipped and a little tatty ...but after i seen these wheels i went with the galespeeds, only doing it once so that was my mind made up.
Well they certainly look excellent and I'm in love with all the carbon pieces on your bike and also the "R" designation you've added. Looks killer. Just need to refinish that swingarm. Looks like you had some serious interference between the right side of the swingarm and your previous exhaust.

I really need to bite the bullet and order a carbon front and rear fender. My front fender is painted, but ideally, I'd like to replace all the original black plastics on my bike with carbon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts