GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if u have seen post by me I have doen quite alot to my gsxs phantom, nearly almost everything has been tampered with in one way or another...
I was waiting on various parts to finish off my makeover.
And as above they have now arrived..
I already had my galespeed wheels waiting which I purchased at the beginning of the year, the sprocket I have had to have custom made due to galespeed using a different fitment size I.cpuld of gotten a galespeed sprocket but didn't like them so I had to get a afam blank and get b and c express to machine it to size and also anodised it, I had galfer discs on order again beginning of the year I waited 8 weeks and cancelled them as the didn't have a delivery date then I ordered some ebc V series discs there was a 5 week wait on these!...so sprocket has arrived and new.brake rotors...I have just came.offshore so once I get home I will fit all these plus I have sintered race pads for the front and sintered street pads for rear....quick change the tires over and fit the new wheels...and we done.....so I have attached a few piccys as everyone likes pictures and once it's all fitted up I will put up some new ones of the bike completed...

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good for you! Nothing more fun than making your bike unique. I'm looking forward to see pics of your bike's transformation.(y)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sounds like a fun project!

I couldn't find much info on the Galespeed wheels. I found the website and a few models that "fit" the GSX-S1000, but I couldn't figure out how much lighter than stock these wheels are. Which model did you choose, and why? Do you have a link to specs?

Cheers!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a fun project!

I couldn't find much info on the Galespeed wheels. I found the website and a few models that "fit" the GSX-S1000, but I couldn't figure out how much lighter than stock these wheels are. Which model did you choose, and why? Do you have a link to specs?

Cheers!
Hi pal, I choose the GP1s just purely for the look I was gonna powdercoat standard rims but thought I would go down a different route. the others had too many spokes for me.
Here are the specs..

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is that the actual austin racing slip on or the ebay knock off? I was looking at the ebay model but it doesn't have that mount tab as yours does. Bike looks awesome!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that the actual austin racing slip on or the ebay knock off? I was looking at the ebay model but it doesn't have that mount tab as yours does. Bike looks awesome!
Thanks Redrider, it is a genuine Austin Racing can, they don't make them for the gsxs, so I bought a gsxr fitment can then found a guy to fabricate it to my yoshi headers, the mounting tab he made from the titanium heat shield that came with the AR exhaust can...guy done an excellent job and I was well pleased with the finished result...the thing is LOUD!...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really want to see how the bike looks with the new wheels installed.
Soon as I am home from offshore mate I will be jumping to it...I will get some pictures took....should look tidy with new discs etc..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts