GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this a weird one, I'm an all weather rider and have clocked over 20k in some years , I've had the gsxs for couple of weeks now and a few of those days were wet. Not raining but wet ground , I was expecting some spray but most of the wet found my left arse cheek and I mean soaked, this is new to me never had it before. Maybe a hugger problem. Any other wet weather riders experiencing the same troubles. ???? Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Be prepared for a wet back and neck.
It flicks the water up from the back wheel all over you in the wet. There are a few options for rear fender extenders but I haven't seen anything I like yet:(

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yup! It is a problem with the GSXS. ****, I get spatters all up my back and helmet! There's a couple of different solutions knocking around the forum varying in degrees of beauty (in my opinion).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks men. Thought I was going mad. Hugger loons wrong yo me, needs to be wider. I will get onto Suzuki.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You could start auditioning for a brolly dolly to ride pillion with you in the wet? They'd need good grip to hang on to the brolly when you accelerate though!

Or just audition for a wet weather pillion - They'll get wet to keep you dry! :D

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You need the"Aussie only" outer guard - not pretty but looks like it would work.
It's Part 13 on this Australian list, it is additional to Part 3 and increases the width.
Perhaps someone from "down under" might post a pic.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bearshead, Its seems if you go for long enough rides, the decision as to whether you ride in the rain or not has already been made for you! Yeah, the Gixis has a little abbreviated tail section. Using those tail tidies reminds me of my old Kawasaki Z1 with an H2 seat/tail which in the burn out box would have a water rooster tail curl up, up, and over and make my helmet, tank, and front fender get wet. I'm afraid this might happen with my bike stock. :(

Dekker, Would that Item 13 bolt on my USA-spec F-model? And how could I get one? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Rickster wrote.
Dekker, Would that Item 13 bolt on my USA-spec F-model? And how could I get one? Thanks.

Don't know if it would go straight on, why not go to the site - Genuine Suzuki spare parts and compare part no's for USA & Aus bikes. You can order direct from the site plus there are other similar sites - Google is your friend.
I use a Hugger extender from Pyramid Plastics. I had a tail tidy on but put the mudguard back due to getting covered in Sh*te.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just had my fist ride on wet roads and experienced the same thing - it wasn't raining at the time and the bike was dry, but my rear end got really wet. I would have thought that stuff flung from the tire would have got my back and shoulders wet, but mostly it just seemed like I was sitting in a puddle.

I do have a tail tidy installed and will be putting the fender back on before the weekend. I might rig a quick-change system for the fender/tidy since most of my riding is in SoCal, but I do plan on taking longer trips.

·
Registered
719 Posts
though I would obviously prefer it not splatter dirt on me, I've come to accept that this is one of the reasons I always ride with a motorcycle jacket, to keep what I'm wearing underneath clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts