GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking to myself today whilst riding out that now that everything is adjusted how I want it, new metzeler tyres and the fact I'm now completely used to riding it especially with TC off it has made me realise I have got my perfect bike.

It has made a world of difference getting rid of the dunlops and at the moment I can't see me swapping this bike for anything. I have come to love the throttle now and don't think I will bother getting it remapped or even get a new exhaust.

Happy customer!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Great comment Kev, I'm in a very similar position to yourself mate, every ride out just gets better, totally love this bike. Fettled the way i like it with a quickshifter and thats how she's staying....... fantastic bike.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm only at 500 miles but everyday this bike surprise me...
Coming from a ktm 1190 adv (great bike), I thought the GSX-S wasn't so easy and funny to ride...but I was wrong.
I love this bike >:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
..... I'm now completely used to riding it especially with TC off it has made me realise I have got my perfect bike......
The same for me ;)
I've 3.0k miles and every day is a little step up to perfect feeling between me and my bike.
I buy back GSX-S every day!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have to admit the bike ticks every box for me too. Would like more power but with more power comes higher sale price so i'm happy. I have done most mods peeps on here have done including red pazzo levers. What i am amazed at is the exhaust note !! BEAUTIFUL , i have a yoshi blue flame titanium can on order but i really cannot see it being any better sound than the original and is a longer can, i will try it but it probably wont stay on lol. The price of these bikes will probably rise for next year, and to "cure" the snatchy throttle will they bow to the emissions even more and strangle the exhaust ? Think i bought at the right time.:) what fuel am i getting ? dont know, dont care. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive only got 500 miles on the clock and im to be honest still in limbo with it.

replaced my bandit 1250sa for it (still got it as i can not convince myself to sell it just yet). I know the bandits big and hefty but ive had some fun times on it and its just eaten the mileage without any issues.

The gsxs 1000f in comparison is completely different around 50kgs in weight lighter as agile as a squirrel, as quick the wind and gives me a smile like a Cheshire cat, but im just not fully convinced yet.Maybe with a few more miles on the clock i will feel as happy as you guys and be as attached to it as i was to the ever faithful bandit.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ive only got 500 miles on the clock and im to be honest still in limbo with it.

replaced my bandit 1250sa for it (still got it as i can not convince myself to sell it just yet). I know the bandits big and hefty but ive had some fun times on it and its just eaten the mileage without any issues.

The gsxs 1000f in comparison is completely different around 50kgs in weight lighter as agile as a squirrel, as quick the wind and gives me a smile like a Cheshire cat, but im just not fully convinced yet.Maybe with a few more miles on the clock i will feel as happy as you guys and be as attached to it as i was to the ever faithful bandit.
I was the same until the first service and I could give it full beans.
Absolutely love the bike now and wouldn't get rid of it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Really? It's not enough? I must be a real wuss.
Yes why not ? GSXR 1000 about the 180bhp, why trim the power so much on the naked. Ducati Diavel 162bhp. Aprilia Tuono 175bhp. MY Rocket 111 is only 140bhp but makes up for it by pushing torqe at 147ft/lb @ 2500 rpm against the suzy 78.2 ft/lb @ 9500 rpm. More fun on acceleration that's all. The Suzuki engineers explained why they trimmed it and i'm fine with it. Personal preference that's all. Still love the bike. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts