GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, been awhile since i've been on here and wanted to give my thoughts on this bike. I recently got to test ride both the faired and un-faired versions at the International Motorcycle Show in Sacramento a month or so ago. Lucky for me Suzuki was demoing bikes that day and was thrilled at the thought of test riding the naked bike, is was able to test ride the faired one to. For awhile i was debating between the Speed Triple and the GSXS after riding both, IMO the GSXS is the better bike overall. The Gixxus 1000 is every bit as fast as the Tuono V4R is I test rode a few months back, the bike is unbelievable, the handling, how agile it was, what more can I say that hasn't already been said about this bike. I will say the fueling was a little meh, could be better but i'm sure a flash tune will sort it out. This bike definitely puts out more than the claimed 145 bhp, more like 160 hp, which leads me to this, am I ready for a bike with that much power? I've only been street riding for just over a year and thought maybe I could handle a litre bike because I test rode the S3 a couple times and thought this isn't to bad. That Suzuki though is a animal, and simply an awesome machine for the price. It would e the bike I would get if I decided to get a 1000 cc naked bike.:)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yep she's a fast one, I always refer to it to friends who ask as being a rocket on wheels

·
Registered
299 Posts
You'll get used to the power so much to the point where you'll never grab more throttle than you need. I'd stick with more horsepower because you'll never outgrow it. If you get something with just enough power for you at that moment, what happens if you desire more after you've familiarized yourself with the bike?

Reactions: ackack

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree my GSX-S1000 has a beast of a motor. I've accidently broken the rear tire loose on several occasions under heavy power. Yesterday while crossing a painted stripe---yikes!), making my butt pucker a bit. This bike is almost scary fast and Ive been riding for decades. I'm guessing the 145HP is a low ball figure. Pulling a power wheelie without clutching in 2nd gear is fuuuuuunnn. I love this bike and it makes the daily commute to work a blast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had only been riding a year when I got one. Went up from an SV650. Under 6K RPM she behaves in a very well mannered way. And beyond that, well its just fun!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been riding for a long long time, road raced for several years, that don't mean I know anything, BUT, if you zing this thing say, 2nd thru 4th to redline thru sweepers and such, you are hauling waaaay more arse than you need to be, it is a VERY fast machine and imo, not a great beginner bike, even guys/gals that can ride okay, if you're with advanced riders trying to keep it, it can get you in hot water in a hurry.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I've been riding 45 of my 53 years and consider my skill level to be pretty high. This bike humbles me. Respect it's power and speed or it will hurt you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I agree my GSX-S1000 has a beast of a motor. I've accidently broken the rear tire loose on several occasions under heavy power. Yesterday while crossing a painted stripe---yikes!), making my butt pucker a bit. This bike is almost scary fast and Ive been riding for decades. I'm guessing the 145HP is a low ball figure. Pulling a power wheelie without clutching in 2nd gear is fuuuuuunnn. I love this bike and it makes the daily commute to work a blast.
It depends what you are used to, or how your adrenalin addiction adjusts to input. >:D
For me the Gixxus is a fun bike, nothing more... how it "breaks loose" (TC off) is more a result of having its DNA from a R-bike (light engine mass).
My (ex)B-King was *much* stronger, but still not very "scary" when used to the power.
Hopefully I will be able to "unleash" the original power lurking in that (K5) engine, which will mean *at least* 25Hp more than it has now.
The ultimate cure for it "lacking" power will be a turbokit I guess... >:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This would be the bike ti have if you only wanted one bike, it can do anything you ask of it. That's why it's still on a very short list of bikes I still get to pick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts