GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Today it was finally above freezing so i decided to do something with the bike. So i removed the front fairing (F model here) and then fitted the Rad cover. The tricky bit was getting the fairing back together without scratching anything. Anyway total time 2 hours and job done. Something for you other F owners to check is that i noticed that there is clip on the bottom of the fairing where they both joined this was missing on my bike either i didn't fit it correctly when i put it back together after fixing the light or it vibrated out ?? will keep an eye on it

· Registered
204 Posts
Took few mins off rebuilding my wife's CBR600F and washed , adjusted the chain on the GSXS-1000F I hope this weekend the sun will be out again so i can take her out for a blast before i have to run in the CBR for the wife (she is new rider and its completely rebuilt frame up including new brakes, tyres and rebuilt engine she wanted me to make sure i did everything up and that the engine does not stop or blow up before she will ride it LOL ) I would post a pic of the honda but I'm scared people will say bad things to me and make me cry LOL

· Registered
204 Posts
Project bike

Be a man and show us the pictures >:D
As requested a few pics Still waiting on levers and grips and it has no decals and needs a good clean and polish to remove greasy finger prints. Still i dont think its bad for 3 weeks work so far most evenings back pain allowing.

Attachments

· Registered
204 Posts
The Sun has come out again after an extended period of grey wet and windy weather. I decided to ride to work today and i arrived with a big grin on my face and 30 mins earlier than if i had taken the car. I am now sat at work watching the clock until its time to ride her home. I am expecting to save at least an hour on the trip home as the traffic on fridays is always horrible and when i use the car i spend 90 percent of the time moving forward at less than walking pace. :) :)

· Registered
204 Posts
Mythic, how did you get on at the drag strip, times?
I did not end up running rather watching i was planning on doing some runs but my rear tire was quite warn but not quite at the wear limit when i set off on the 4 hour trip and seemed to just desolve. I assessed it when i arrived and decided i better not as i was not sure it would be safe or get me the 4 hours home. When i did arrive home it was not just warn but dangerous.

I saw another thread about the stock tire just disapearing when it aproches end of life i managed 4300km on stock rear tire and i would say the last 8 hour trip put double the wear on the tire as the previous km's had. I am not sure but i belive i was on around 3800 km and the tire was aproching wear limits on the center line the km after that took the tire down to showing the tires inners

· Registered
204 Posts
What did i do with my GSX S today ??

Well i went outside braved the cold and opened the garage door I then lifted the blankets and looked at her for a while. When my core temp fell below safe levels i retired to my living room and went on ebay to look at stuff i might think about installing next season. This lead to depresion as its such a long time away so i had to drink a few beers to feel better. Look on the bright side its only 4 - 5 months before i can start to live again but for now i am in deep winter hibernation :( :(

· Registered
204 Posts
Today i received a few goodies that i am going to install on the bike ready for the start of this years season (april ish)

K&N Air filter (cost thing rather than go faster item)
Power commander 5 (not after power but wanting smoother)
Healtech Quickshift (ok this is because i wanted it its not needed gearbox is perfect)

I have heard that 2017 GSXS 1000 has slipper clutch so will keep an eye out and see if this can be retro fitted to 2016 bike :)

Now i am sitting and waiting for the bad weather to go away and for it to warm up enough to start work in my garage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts